Here's another "Pokemon X and Y" update for fans of the popular Game Freak and Nintendo video game. Pokemon released more information about the "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition including its rules and regulations.
According to the official and updated Pokemon Web site, the "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition will be separated into two divisions (Junior division and Masters division) based on the participants' birth dates.
"Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition Divisions:
1. Junior division - for "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition players born on or after Jan. 1, 1998.
2. Masters division - for "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition players born on or before Dec. 31, 1997.
2 Ways to Receive "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition Invitation:
1. Must have participated and placed in the rankings in the 2013 Global Showdown Wi-Fi Competition (for Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2) that was held in July 2013. Just log in to the "Pokemon X and Pokemon Y" Pokemon Global Link (PGL) Web site and this message should appear: "You've Qualified for the Pokémon X and Pokémon Y Beta Competition."
2. Apply for an additional participant spot. If application is granted, then expect a pop-up notification after logging in to the Pokemon Global Link (PGL) Web site on or after Feb. 14, 2014 at 11 a.m. PST.
"Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition Rules and Regulations:
1. Pokemon Level: All Pokemon Levels will be set to Level 30 during the battles.
2. Battle Format: Double Battle
3. Eligible Pokemon: Pokemon with Pokedex numbers from 1-718
4. Exceptions: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, or Zygarde cannot be used!
5. Participants cannot use Pokemon from Poke Transporter.
6. Participants may get a penalty or may get banned for doing certain things during the "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition competition including any disrespectful behaviour towards other players, using fake or false information upon registry, hacking and other inappropriate actions. These will be at the discretion of the organizers of the said online competition.
7. Organizers will not be held responsible for damage or accidents during the test competition.
8. Will not follow the Play! Pokémon Championship format.
9. Limited number of battles per day (Only 20 battles per day). Once limit is reached, player cannot participate in any more battles for the day. If limit isn't reached for the day, the unused battles will be rolled over to the following day. The battle count for each new day will be reset at midnight UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).
10. Maximum of 60 battles for the entire duration of the online test competition which will last for three days.
11. Other limitations based on the participants' location and time of day.
Serebii.net also released some information about the Pokemon Battle Competitions. Check it out below:
1. Region: International
2. Pre-Registration Period: July 19 - 25, 2013 (Requirement: Entry into Pokemon Black 2 & White 2 Global Showdown WiFi Competition)
3. Registration Period: Jan. 31, 2014
4. Battle Period: Feb. 21 - 24, 2014
5. There will be a survey about the pros and cons of the new rules and regulations after the test competition.
6. There will be penalties for disconnecting. If you disconnect now from a battle, you will have a loss recorded.
And that's the latest information about the "Pokemon X and Y" Beta Competition including its rules and regulations. Stay tuned for more updates about it as well as other Pokemon news in the coming days.
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y Beta Competition to Kick Off in Mid-February (Click HERE)
Pokemon X And Y More Battle Competition Info; Maintenance For Pokemon Global Link Set (Click HERE)
Check out the Special Pokemon Valentines Pics with Messages for Loved Ones on Valentine's Day 2014 Including Pikachu and Espurr (Click HERE)
To contact the editor, e-mail: