2nd T20 Where to Watch Live: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 14, 2014 5:34 PM EST
After going down by the smallest of margins to Sri Lanka in the first T20, Bangladesh will look for that elusive victory when the two sides lock horns in the 2nd T20 in Chittagong on Valentine's Day Friday.
Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara plays a shot through the offside against England in their ICC Champions Trophy 2013 game, 13 June
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 5 pm local time (4.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Neo Prime in India and Bangladesh Television in Bangladesh. The match can be watched via live streaming in the US HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE.
Anamul Haque nearly took Bangladesh to a last-gasp win over Sri Lanka on Wednesday, only for the visitors to hold on and take a 1-0 lead in the two-match series courtesy a two-run victory.
After posting 168 for seven in the first innings, Sri Lanka looked on course for a victory before a late surge from Bangladesh seemed to have tilted the balance in the home side's favour. But a skied shot off a full toss in the last ball of the match from Haque, saw Sri Lanka come away with the win by the skin of their teeth.
"We are very disappointed to lose such a game to the No. 1 ranked team in the world," Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza said. "Everyone is upset, but we will take good points out of this game.
"We were equal with Sri Lanka and that one ball in the end made the difference. Anamul was hitting it well by that time, as we had seen the previous two balls when he hit two very good shots over cover.
"The last ball was unfortunate, the timing wasn't there. It could have taken a top edge and gone behind the keeper but he hit it with the face of the bat.
"The platform was ready for us. The batsman was set and the bowler was under pressure. I think luck betrayed us in the end."
With the crowd behind them, Bangladesh, who will host the World T20 next month, will hope for a better all-round effort come Friday, with batting coach Corey Richards emphasising on the importance of his side inculcating "aggressive, but responsible batting."
"Our philosophy is to promote aggressive but responsible batting, and by that allowing the players to express themselves but with a common sense approach," Richards was quoted as saying by ESPNCricinfo. "Sometimes if you play aggressively without responsibility then that is when you can become reckless, which is what we have been guilty of in the past and what we are trying to rectify within the players' mentality.
"It is important to have an aggressive mindset, but to play percentage cricket at the same time."
Expected lineups: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Farhad Reza, Sohag Gazi, Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Rubel Hossain, Arafat Sunny.
Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Dinesh Chandimal (capt), Kumar Sangakkara, Angelo Mathews, Seekuge Prasanna, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachithra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga, Ajantha Mendis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date