2nd T20 Where to Watch Live: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 14, 2014 5:34 PM EST
After going down by the smallest of margins to Sri Lanka in the first T20, Bangladesh will look for that elusive victory when the two sides lock horns in the 2nd T20 in Chittagong on Valentine's Day Friday.
Sri Lanka batsman Kumar Sangakkara plays a shot through the offside against England in their ICC Champions Trophy 2013 game, 13 June
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 5 pm local time (4.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Neo Prime in India and Bangladesh Television in Bangladesh. The match can be watched via live streaming in the US HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE.
Anamul Haque nearly took Bangladesh to a last-gasp win over Sri Lanka on Wednesday, only for the visitors to hold on and take a 1-0 lead in the two-match series courtesy a two-run victory.
After posting 168 for seven in the first innings, Sri Lanka looked on course for a victory before a late surge from Bangladesh seemed to have tilted the balance in the home side's favour. But a skied shot off a full toss in the last ball of the match from Haque, saw Sri Lanka come away with the win by the skin of their teeth.
"We are very disappointed to lose such a game to the No. 1 ranked team in the world," Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza said. "Everyone is upset, but we will take good points out of this game.
"We were equal with Sri Lanka and that one ball in the end made the difference. Anamul was hitting it well by that time, as we had seen the previous two balls when he hit two very good shots over cover.
"The last ball was unfortunate, the timing wasn't there. It could have taken a top edge and gone behind the keeper but he hit it with the face of the bat.
"The platform was ready for us. The batsman was set and the bowler was under pressure. I think luck betrayed us in the end."
With the crowd behind them, Bangladesh, who will host the World T20 next month, will hope for a better all-round effort come Friday, with batting coach Corey Richards emphasising on the importance of his side inculcating "aggressive, but responsible batting."
"Our philosophy is to promote aggressive but responsible batting, and by that allowing the players to express themselves but with a common sense approach," Richards was quoted as saying by ESPNCricinfo. "Sometimes if you play aggressively without responsibility then that is when you can become reckless, which is what we have been guilty of in the past and what we are trying to rectify within the players' mentality.
"It is important to have an aggressive mindset, but to play percentage cricket at the same time."
Expected lineups: Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Shamsur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Shakib Al Hasan, Sabbir Rahman, Nasir Hossain, Farhad Reza, Sohag Gazi, Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Rubel Hossain, Arafat Sunny.
Sri Lanka: Kusal Perera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Dinesh Chandimal (capt), Kumar Sangakkara, Angelo Mathews, Seekuge Prasanna, Thisara Perera, Nuwan Kulasekara, Sachithra Senanayake, Lasith Malinga, Ajantha Mendis.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display