LG G2 Mini Specs Leaked Ahead of Release Date? Can it Take on Galaxy S4 Mini?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 14, 2014 5:10 PM EST
The specs of the upcoming LG G2 Mini may have been leaked online. The device is expected to be released at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. Will the device be able to take on the popular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?
The leaked specs in a tweet claim that the LG G2 Mini will have a 4.7 inch HD display, Snapdragon 400 processor and 2 GB of RAM. Earlier LG had teased fans with an image of the upcoming device placing it next to next to the LG G2.
The LG G2 Mini is expected to be a scaled down version of the LG G2, which has a 5.2 inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $599.95.
Will the LG G2 Mini be more affordable to take on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution and 256 ppi pixel density.
The LG G2 Mini will have to have a better screen resolution in order to come up with a similar pixel density. The larger screen size of the device would require a better screen resolution in order to compete with the Galaxy S4 mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 is priced at around AU $439.95 in Australia. In order to be competitive the LG G2 Mini would need to be priced at below AU $400. Going by the pricing strategy of the LG G2, this may be possible.
Social media is already buzzing with excitement about the upcoming device. Some fans wonder if the device would be comparable to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Those who prefer a much bigger phone are looking forward to the newly launched LG G Pro 2.
While many of the fans have expressed their love for the LG G2 Mini, others are quite content with LG G2. A few users still feel that the 4.7 inch screen is still too big for a Mini phone. Some would prefer to wait for the LG G3.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact Gets Certified For 23.0.1.A.1.43, Xperia Z3 Dual For 23.0.F.1.82
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including Hallow's End And The Latest Resolved Issues Regarding The 'WoW' User Interface, Classes, Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Gets A New Trailer And Hidden Demo Missions
- Check Out The ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ Ranking, New Anniversary Trailer And Level Walkthroughs
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists