LG G2 Mini Specs Leaked Ahead of Release Date? Can it Take on Galaxy S4 Mini?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 14, 2014 5:10 PM EST
The specs of the upcoming LG G2 Mini may have been leaked online. The device is expected to be released at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. Will the device be able to take on the popular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?
The leaked specs in a tweet claim that the LG G2 Mini will have a 4.7 inch HD display, Snapdragon 400 processor and 2 GB of RAM. Earlier LG had teased fans with an image of the upcoming device placing it next to next to the LG G2.
The LG G2 Mini is expected to be a scaled down version of the LG G2, which has a 5.2 inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $599.95.
Will the LG G2 Mini be more affordable to take on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution and 256 ppi pixel density.
The LG G2 Mini will have to have a better screen resolution in order to come up with a similar pixel density. The larger screen size of the device would require a better screen resolution in order to compete with the Galaxy S4 mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 is priced at around AU $439.95 in Australia. In order to be competitive the LG G2 Mini would need to be priced at below AU $400. Going by the pricing strategy of the LG G2, this may be possible.
Social media is already buzzing with excitement about the upcoming device. Some fans wonder if the device would be comparable to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Those who prefer a much bigger phone are looking forward to the newly launched LG G Pro 2.
While many of the fans have expressed their love for the LG G2 Mini, others are quite content with LG G2. A few users still feel that the 4.7 inch screen is still too big for a Mini phone. Some would prefer to wait for the LG G3.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports