LG G2 Mini Specs Leaked Ahead of Release Date? Can it Take on Galaxy S4 Mini?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 14, 2014 5:10 PM EST
The specs of the upcoming LG G2 Mini may have been leaked online. The device is expected to be released at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. Will the device be able to take on the popular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?
The leaked specs in a tweet claim that the LG G2 Mini will have a 4.7 inch HD display, Snapdragon 400 processor and 2 GB of RAM. Earlier LG had teased fans with an image of the upcoming device placing it next to next to the LG G2.
The LG G2 Mini is expected to be a scaled down version of the LG G2, which has a 5.2 inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $599.95.
Will the LG G2 Mini be more affordable to take on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution and 256 ppi pixel density.
The LG G2 Mini will have to have a better screen resolution in order to come up with a similar pixel density. The larger screen size of the device would require a better screen resolution in order to compete with the Galaxy S4 mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 is priced at around AU $439.95 in Australia. In order to be competitive the LG G2 Mini would need to be priced at below AU $400. Going by the pricing strategy of the LG G2, this may be possible.
Social media is already buzzing with excitement about the upcoming device. Some fans wonder if the device would be comparable to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Those who prefer a much bigger phone are looking forward to the newly launched LG G Pro 2.
While many of the fans have expressed their love for the LG G2 Mini, others are quite content with LG G2. A few users still feel that the 4.7 inch screen is still too big for a Mini phone. Some would prefer to wait for the LG G3.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed