LG G2 Mini Specs Leaked Ahead of Release Date? Can it Take on Galaxy S4 Mini?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 14, 2014 5:10 PM EST
The specs of the upcoming LG G2 Mini may have been leaked online. The device is expected to be released at the Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. Will the device be able to take on the popular Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini?
The leaked specs in a tweet claim that the LG G2 Mini will have a 4.7 inch HD display, Snapdragon 400 processor and 2 GB of RAM. Earlier LG had teased fans with an image of the upcoming device placing it next to next to the LG G2.
The LG G2 Mini is expected to be a scaled down version of the LG G2, which has a 5.2 inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The LG G2 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $549.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $599.95.
Will the LG G2 Mini be more affordable to take on the likes of the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini? The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini has a 4.3 inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution and 256 ppi pixel density.
The LG G2 Mini will have to have a better screen resolution in order to come up with a similar pixel density. The larger screen size of the device would require a better screen resolution in order to compete with the Galaxy S4 mini.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini i9190 is priced at around AU $439.95 in Australia. In order to be competitive the LG G2 Mini would need to be priced at below AU $400. Going by the pricing strategy of the LG G2, this may be possible.
Social media is already buzzing with excitement about the upcoming device. Some fans wonder if the device would be comparable to the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. Those who prefer a much bigger phone are looking forward to the newly launched LG G Pro 2.
While many of the fans have expressed their love for the LG G2 Mini, others are quite content with LG G2. A few users still feel that the 4.7 inch screen is still too big for a Mini phone. Some would prefer to wait for the LG G3.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Main Customisations: Race And Class Setup, Alchemy, Grenades, Weapon And Armour Crafting
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money