Trending: Tinder Keeps Fun Alive and Lets Olympians Hook Up in Sochi During 2014 Winter Olympic Games
By jaskiran kaur | February 14, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Harsh winters in Sochi, Russia can make Olympians feel lonely. The matchmaking app Tinder has become one the favorite apps of athletes in Olympic village in Sochi participating in 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The app seems to be keeping things hot for the Olympians there.
According to the latest reports, Tinder has become a rage in the Olympic village for the Olympians. The 23-year-old U.S. snowboarder Jamie Anderson has recently admitted that young Olympians like her using the app that uses GPS to connect to others in the close by areas.
According to Us Weekly report, Jamie Anderson confessed that Tinder is a hit amongst the Olympians who want to have some fun in the mountain village. "Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level," Jamie Anderson told Us Weekly.
For those who are new to the world of Tinder, it is a matchmaking app that lets you connect with people who you find attractive and who may find you attractive. It facilitates networking and communication with fellow Tinder users in the nearby places. The app uses a Facebook account details and can be used for matchmaking, dating and other kinds of intercommunication purposes.
Apparently, has become a source of rescuing lonely hearts in Sochi Winter Olympics games.
"It's all athletes! In the mountain village it's all athletes. It's hilarious. There are some cuties on there," told Jamie Anderson to Us Weekly.
However, the dating app may become a distraction for people using it. It seems Tinder did become a bit of a distraction for gold medalist athlete Jamie Anderson who won a gold medal in Women's Slopestyle Event at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in an event on Feb.9, 2014.
Jamie Anderson told that she did reach a point with Tinder app where she felt it was "way too distracting." To focus better and prevent from damaging her focus any further she reportedly deleted her account.
Can't wait to tinder in the Olympic village in Sochi
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up