Trending: Tinder Keeps Fun Alive and Lets Olympians Hook Up in Sochi During 2014 Winter Olympic Games
By jaskiran kaur | February 14, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Harsh winters in Sochi, Russia can make Olympians feel lonely. The matchmaking app Tinder has become one the favorite apps of athletes in Olympic village in Sochi participating in 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The app seems to be keeping things hot for the Olympians there.
According to the latest reports, Tinder has become a rage in the Olympic village for the Olympians. The 23-year-old U.S. snowboarder Jamie Anderson has recently admitted that young Olympians like her using the app that uses GPS to connect to others in the close by areas.
According to Us Weekly report, Jamie Anderson confessed that Tinder is a hit amongst the Olympians who want to have some fun in the mountain village. "Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level," Jamie Anderson told Us Weekly.
For those who are new to the world of Tinder, it is a matchmaking app that lets you connect with people who you find attractive and who may find you attractive. It facilitates networking and communication with fellow Tinder users in the nearby places. The app uses a Facebook account details and can be used for matchmaking, dating and other kinds of intercommunication purposes.
Apparently, has become a source of rescuing lonely hearts in Sochi Winter Olympics games.
"It's all athletes! In the mountain village it's all athletes. It's hilarious. There are some cuties on there," told Jamie Anderson to Us Weekly.
However, the dating app may become a distraction for people using it. It seems Tinder did become a bit of a distraction for gold medalist athlete Jamie Anderson who won a gold medal in Women's Slopestyle Event at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in an event on Feb.9, 2014.
Jamie Anderson told that she did reach a point with Tinder app where she felt it was "way too distracting." To focus better and prevent from damaging her focus any further she reportedly deleted her account.
Can't wait to tinder in the Olympic village in Sochi
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe