Trending: Tinder Keeps Fun Alive and Lets Olympians Hook Up in Sochi During 2014 Winter Olympic Games
By jaskiran kaur | February 14, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Harsh winters in Sochi, Russia can make Olympians feel lonely. The matchmaking app Tinder has become one the favorite apps of athletes in Olympic village in Sochi participating in 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The app seems to be keeping things hot for the Olympians there.
According to the latest reports, Tinder has become a rage in the Olympic village for the Olympians. The 23-year-old U.S. snowboarder Jamie Anderson has recently admitted that young Olympians like her using the app that uses GPS to connect to others in the close by areas.
According to Us Weekly report, Jamie Anderson confessed that Tinder is a hit amongst the Olympians who want to have some fun in the mountain village. "Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level," Jamie Anderson told Us Weekly.
For those who are new to the world of Tinder, it is a matchmaking app that lets you connect with people who you find attractive and who may find you attractive. It facilitates networking and communication with fellow Tinder users in the nearby places. The app uses a Facebook account details and can be used for matchmaking, dating and other kinds of intercommunication purposes.
Apparently, has become a source of rescuing lonely hearts in Sochi Winter Olympics games.
"It's all athletes! In the mountain village it's all athletes. It's hilarious. There are some cuties on there," told Jamie Anderson to Us Weekly.
However, the dating app may become a distraction for people using it. It seems Tinder did become a bit of a distraction for gold medalist athlete Jamie Anderson who won a gold medal in Women's Slopestyle Event at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in an event on Feb.9, 2014.
Jamie Anderson told that she did reach a point with Tinder app where she felt it was "way too distracting." To focus better and prevent from damaging her focus any further she reportedly deleted her account.
Can't wait to tinder in the Olympic village in Sochi
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points