Trending: Tinder Keeps Fun Alive and Lets Olympians Hook Up in Sochi During 2014 Winter Olympic Games
By jaskiran kaur | February 14, 2014 5:07 PM EST
Harsh winters in Sochi, Russia can make Olympians feel lonely. The matchmaking app Tinder has become one the favorite apps of athletes in Olympic village in Sochi participating in 2014 Winter Olympic Games. The app seems to be keeping things hot for the Olympians there.
According to the latest reports, Tinder has become a rage in the Olympic village for the Olympians. The 23-year-old U.S. snowboarder Jamie Anderson has recently admitted that young Olympians like her using the app that uses GPS to connect to others in the close by areas.
According to Us Weekly report, Jamie Anderson confessed that Tinder is a hit amongst the Olympians who want to have some fun in the mountain village. "Tinder in the Olympic Village is next level," Jamie Anderson told Us Weekly.
For those who are new to the world of Tinder, it is a matchmaking app that lets you connect with people who you find attractive and who may find you attractive. It facilitates networking and communication with fellow Tinder users in the nearby places. The app uses a Facebook account details and can be used for matchmaking, dating and other kinds of intercommunication purposes.
Apparently, has become a source of rescuing lonely hearts in Sochi Winter Olympics games.
"It's all athletes! In the mountain village it's all athletes. It's hilarious. There are some cuties on there," told Jamie Anderson to Us Weekly.
However, the dating app may become a distraction for people using it. It seems Tinder did become a bit of a distraction for gold medalist athlete Jamie Anderson who won a gold medal in Women's Slopestyle Event at the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in an event on Feb.9, 2014.
Jamie Anderson told that she did reach a point with Tinder app where she felt it was "way too distracting." To focus better and prevent from damaging her focus any further she reportedly deleted her account.
Can't wait to tinder in the Olympic village in Sochi
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown