Flappy Bird Online: Play Smartphone Version From Three Different Web Sites On Your Computer Or Mac
By Ryan Inoyori | February 14, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Flappy Birds may have been decommissioned from the App Store and Play Store. But those who want to try out or even continue playing the game, several online versions are available using a Windows computer or Mac.
Online Flappy Birds
FlapMMO.com is a Web site allowing a player to join other 999 Flappy Bird gamers worldwide using the Internet. It features real-time view of other players and can be played by simply using the keyboard.
But the Massively Multiplayer Online game version of Flappy Bird can be very distracting as you'll see hundreds of birds flying across the screen that may actually affect your concentration.
If you prefer to play the original game again but cannot download it on your Android or Apple device, there are three available Web sites for you.
1. FlappyBird.com - relatively fast loading online solo version of the original game and views fine with current laptops having landscape display screen.
2. FlappyBirds.com - another solo online game version that initially loads slowly but unlike the first site, this one appears a little smaller on the screen.
3. FlappyBird.io - zoomed out solo online version but for some reason sounds aren't playing along.
Flappy Bird Duplicates
In the App Store and Play Store, several third-party developers have made Flappy Bird available which are very close to the original while others are modified. But experts on malicious ware warned Android gamers on downloading such app for most of these available versions have embedded malware programs that can infect the device's system which may lead to damage overtime.
Flappy Bird original developer recently removed the game from App Store and Play Store after it "couldn't take it anymore" but Nguyen Ha Dong didn't specify that time why he decided to take it down.
Dong was inspired by Nintendo's childhood favorite Mario Brothers in developing Flappy Bird as both games have very similar graphics. He gained an average of $50,000 daily from advertisers due to the game's intense popularity by having more than 50 million times of downloads and more than half a million online reviews.
Even if he singlehandedly created the game in a few nights contrast to other popular bird games such as Rovio's Angry Birds, Dong was alone in case serious legal issues that may occur that would make his position difficult according to an opinion of one gaming company manager.
"Dong is taking one step back to avoid legal risk because it's too difficult to deal with legal issues himself if it happens," Duy Doan, senior manager at VTC, said online as quoted by The Guardian.
Flappy Bird is a hit game bringing unpredictable cashflow but may not reoccur unlike games with future developments. Dong can still create mini games which we can expect in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone