Valentine’s Day: How is Young Hollywood Celebrating Day of Love?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 4:43 PM EST
While people around the world are eager to kick start their Valentine’s Day celebration, some of Hollywood’s young celebrities are doing their best to stay as far away as possible from the day of love.
Miley Cyrus is kicking off her Bangerz tour on Valentine’s Day, as she wants to enjoy the day with her fans.
“I did that on purpose,” Cyrus told E!News. “Valentine’s Day is usually one of the most depressing days of the year. I’m going to make it a really good one this year.”
Cyrus broke up with her fiancé of 15 months, Liam Hemsworth, in September last year. But the 21-year-old knew that their relationship was over on 2013 Valentine’s Day, and that’s when she wrote “Drive”, a break up song on her album Bangerz.
“I wrote it while I was working on Valentine's Day – emotionally it was such a hard time,” she told Fashion at the time. "It is about needing to leave someone but not really wanting to completely cut yourself off from the relationship. It's a time when you want to leave but you can't. It's also about moving on."
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber seem to having an on-again-off-again relationship. But this Valentine’s Day, Gomez will have nothing to do with Bieber, as she is spending the day with her girl pals.
“She wants to hang out with her single friends and have a girls night filled with pampering each other with mani-pedis and watching movies,” a source told HollywoodLife.com. “She wants a man-free Valentine’s Day this year.”
Despite being labeled a serial dater, Gomez’s pal Taylor Swift, too, is single this Valentine’s Day. No one knows more about the pain of heartbreak than Swift, who finds inspiration from every failed relationship.
“There’s something so beautiful about people who are heartbroken,” Taylor told E! Latin’s Coffee Break last year, according to HollywoodLife.com. “They think about how they’re feeling much more.”
Unlike her contemporaries, Vanessa Hudgens is excited to be in love, and she been sharing this happiness with her fans all throughout the week.
On Thursday, she shared some of her Valentine’s Day joy by posting on her Tumblr account some fun Valentine’s Day recipes.
“Happy almost-Valentine’s Day, love bugs!!” Hudgens wrote. “I’ve been soo excited for V-Day all week, so I decided to try out a fun recipe and share it with you all to get in the spirit! I found this adorable donut recipe on A Beautiful Mess (such an amazing blog!). They combine three of my favorite things: dark chocolate, red wine, and LOVEEEE. Peep the instructions and my own step-by-step pics below (I did my best!!). If you try out this recipe yourself, don’t forget to tweet me a pic. I’d love to see how yours turn out! Xo, V”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia