Valentine’s Day: How is Young Hollywood Celebrating Day of Love?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 14, 2014 4:43 PM EST
While people around the world are eager to kick start their Valentine’s Day celebration, some of Hollywood’s young celebrities are doing their best to stay as far away as possible from the day of love.
Miley Cyrus is kicking off her Bangerz tour on Valentine’s Day, as she wants to enjoy the day with her fans.
“I did that on purpose,” Cyrus told E!News. “Valentine’s Day is usually one of the most depressing days of the year. I’m going to make it a really good one this year.”
Cyrus broke up with her fiancé of 15 months, Liam Hemsworth, in September last year. But the 21-year-old knew that their relationship was over on 2013 Valentine’s Day, and that’s when she wrote “Drive”, a break up song on her album Bangerz.
“I wrote it while I was working on Valentine's Day – emotionally it was such a hard time,” she told Fashion at the time. "It is about needing to leave someone but not really wanting to completely cut yourself off from the relationship. It's a time when you want to leave but you can't. It's also about moving on."
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber seem to having an on-again-off-again relationship. But this Valentine’s Day, Gomez will have nothing to do with Bieber, as she is spending the day with her girl pals.
“She wants to hang out with her single friends and have a girls night filled with pampering each other with mani-pedis and watching movies,” a source told HollywoodLife.com. “She wants a man-free Valentine’s Day this year.”
Despite being labeled a serial dater, Gomez’s pal Taylor Swift, too, is single this Valentine’s Day. No one knows more about the pain of heartbreak than Swift, who finds inspiration from every failed relationship.
“There’s something so beautiful about people who are heartbroken,” Taylor told E! Latin’s Coffee Break last year, according to HollywoodLife.com. “They think about how they’re feeling much more.”
Unlike her contemporaries, Vanessa Hudgens is excited to be in love, and she been sharing this happiness with her fans all throughout the week.
On Thursday, she shared some of her Valentine’s Day joy by posting on her Tumblr account some fun Valentine’s Day recipes.
“Happy almost-Valentine’s Day, love bugs!!” Hudgens wrote. “I’ve been soo excited for V-Day all week, so I decided to try out a fun recipe and share it with you all to get in the spirit! I found this adorable donut recipe on A Beautiful Mess (such an amazing blog!). They combine three of my favorite things: dark chocolate, red wine, and LOVEEEE. Peep the instructions and my own step-by-step pics below (I did my best!!). If you try out this recipe yourself, don’t forget to tweet me a pic. I’d love to see how yours turn out! Xo, V”
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell