Chelsea FC News: Blues Boss Thinks Liverpool have Upper Hand in Clinching League Title
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho opines that Premier League rivals Liverpool have the upper hand in winning the Premier League title this season because of their absence in the European scene.
“There is another, like Liverpool, with a big advantage with the fact that they don't play in the Champions League." - Jose Mourinho
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Ready to Offload Striker in Cash plus Player Deal for Madrid Forward
"There is another, like Liverpool, with a big advantage with the fact that they don't play in the Champions League," Mourinho told Sky Sports.
The Reds are currently sitting in fourth place, five points behind the Blues, who managed to overtake Arsenal and Manchester City by winning two and having drawn one of their recent three fixtures.
In spite of occupying the top spot, Mourinho continued to play down his team's chances of winning the trophy.
"When I say we're not the top candidate everyone thinks 'here he is again, with what you like to call the mind games," he said.
"But it's just my feeling."
"The league is amazing - it is difficult for every one of us."
Meanwhile, City still have a chance of ousting Chelsea if they win their matchweek 26 clash against Sunderland, which was earlier postponed due to severe weather conditions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L