Chelsea FC News: Blues Boss Thinks Liverpool have Upper Hand in Clinching League Title
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 14, 2014 3:24 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho opines that Premier League rivals Liverpool have the upper hand in winning the Premier League title this season because of their absence in the European scene.
“There is another, like Liverpool, with a big advantage with the fact that they don't play in the Champions League." - Jose Mourinho
Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Ready to Offload Striker in Cash plus Player Deal for Madrid Forward
"There is another, like Liverpool, with a big advantage with the fact that they don't play in the Champions League," Mourinho told Sky Sports.
The Reds are currently sitting in fourth place, five points behind the Blues, who managed to overtake Arsenal and Manchester City by winning two and having drawn one of their recent three fixtures.
In spite of occupying the top spot, Mourinho continued to play down his team's chances of winning the trophy.
"When I say we're not the top candidate everyone thinks 'here he is again, with what you like to call the mind games," he said.
"But it's just my feeling."
"The league is amazing - it is difficult for every one of us."
Meanwhile, City still have a chance of ousting Chelsea if they win their matchweek 26 clash against Sunderland, which was earlier postponed due to severe weather conditions.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase