iPhone 6 Release Round Up, Tim Cook Promises 'Really Great Stuff' in Store for 2014
By Precious Silva | February 14, 2014 3:19 PM EST
The release of Apple's next flagship phone, the iPhone 6, has been making headlines for many weeks now. Recent reports and leaks suggest that Apple has been brewing something quite different from its previous offerings. From the sapphire screen to solar cells, wireless charging and bezel-free framework, Apple CEO Tim Cook has promised that the company has "really great stuff" in store for the whole year. Can Apple truly deliver?
The Wall Street Journal (log in required) published an interview with Mr Cook hinting at what the company has lined up for the rest of 2014. While the CEO did not detail all the products, Mr Cook did emphasise that the company has been looking into new categories. According to recent earnings report, the company has seen recent stagnant growth. Despite performing below expectations, Mr Cook assures that they are focusing on addressing the problem. The company will have an "aggressive" strategy to fix the issue.
"I don't view that as being satisfied with being small or however you want to define it," Mr Cook said.
"I just want to say that the macro thing for us is making a great product and we must do that. If we can't do that, we're not going to force ourselves to hit a price point that makes us produce a product that we're not proud of because we lose who we are in that. We're not going to do that," he added.
Apple has been focused on creating unique user experiences without sacrificing revenues. However, despite the impressive cash reserve of the company, investors still want to know how the company wants to incorporate innovation for growth and development.
Perhaps, one of the most anticipated products this year is the iPhone 6. Apple's next flagship has been the subject of reports and predictions. According to recent information, Apple plans on including a sapphire screen, solar panels and even wireless charging capabilities onto the device. There are also reports saying that Apple will be releasing two variants of the iPhone 6: a smartphone and a phablet. The smartphone will be around 4.7 inches, while the phablet will be around 5.7 inches. Chinese analyst Sun Changxu noted that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 may feature 1,136 x 640 pixel Retina resolution. This will offer around 280 ppi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft