1st Test Match, Day 3 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 14, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Mitchell Johnson at the moment is like a runaway train that is near impossible to stop and destroys anything in its way. The Australia hammer continued to smash through opposing batsmen at will, ripping through South Africa on Day two to put the hosts - the world number one side - in a precarious position going into Day 3 of the first Test at SuperSport Park in Centurion.
Where to Watch Live
The third day is scheduled for a 10.30 am local time (2 pm IST, 8.30 am GMT) start with live coverage on Ten Cricket and Ten HD in India. There is no official live streaming option available in the country, however. Viewers in South Africa and several other parts of the continent can live stream the match HERE, while UK viewers can catch the action live online HERE. Viewers in the US can catch the action via live streaming online HERE, while the match can be live streamed in Australia HERE.
Johnson scalped four of the six South Africa wickets on Day Two to put the Proteas on the mat at 140 for six, still trailing by 257 runs, after the Aussies finished their first innings on 397, with Shaun Marsh and Steven Smith getting hundreds.
The Australian quick was at his lethal best again, making the South African batsmen hop around like rabbits time and again.
"I just felt like there was something going on with that wicket," Johnson said. "It was a little bit like Durban a few years ago where it was just really skipping off."
Johnson also dismissed thoughts that the Proteas batsmen had fear in their eyes when facing the left-arm express bowler. "We are playing against the world's No.1 Test team, I don't think there was fear," he added. "Maybe a little bit surprised at the wicket, but I wouldn't say it's fear.
"We just played against England and that question was raised. There were other people saying that there was fear in eyes.
"But they are professional sportsmen, they've faced Morne Morkel who gets extreme bounce and pace so there's no fear."
You can't blame the batsmen for getting that feeling of trepidation going into face Johnson, who really is at the peak of his powers at the moment, and as far as Russell Domingo, the South Africa coach, is concerned the pace barrage was pretty much along expected lines.
"That's what we expected," Domingo said of Johnson's unrelenting attack. "He's an x-factor bowler for Australia and has done really well for a long time.
"He's done really well in South Africa on previous tours and he's just come off a hard Ashes series so he's got a lot of confidence.
"Our preparation has been as good as it's ever been but there's nothing that can prepare you for the tough intensity you get when you're playing in a Test match."
The lone hope for South Africa is AB De Villiers (52 n.o., 94b, 4x4, 1x6), the ridiculously talented batsman, who stood tall amongst the ruins. De Villiers, though will need some support from the other end on day 3 to at least avoid following on -- not that Michael Clarke is likely to enforce it -- with Robin Peterson, batting at the moment, and Vernon Philander capable of sticking at the crease.
With Johnson in the mood that he is, however, just don't count on it.
Teams: South Africa: Graeme Smith, Alviro Petersen, Hashim Amla, Faf Du Plessis, AB De Villiers, JP Duminy, Robin Peterson, Vernon Philander, Dale Steyn, Morne Morkel.
Australia: Chris Rogers, David Warner, Alex Doolan, Shaun Marsh, Michael Clarke, Steven Smith, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris, Nathan Lyon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop