Sun Pharma Raises Growth Outlook after Q3 Profit Beats F'cast
February 14, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) on Thursday raised its revenue growth outlook for this fiscal year after it posted a 74 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating estimates, on new generic drug launches in the United States.
Flickr via Creative Commons
Affymax plunged 85% after the company and Takeda Pharmaceuticals issued a national recall of their antianemia drug amid reports of severe allergic reactions, including a handful of deaths, in some patients with kidney disease.
The company, India's third-largest drugmaker by sales, said revenue in this fiscal year ending on March 31 would rise 29 percent, higher than its earlier guidance of 25 percent.
Sun's net profit in the quarter ended December rose to 15.31 billion rupees, compared to 8.81 billion rupees in the same period last year. Net sales grew 50 percent in the quarter to 42.87 billion rupees.
Analysts had expected the company to post a profit of 13.29 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Sun, which gets more than half its revenue from the United States, said sales in its biggest market grew 57 percent, helped by the launch of drugs such as a generic version of Eli Lilly & Company's Cymbalta used for treating depressive disorders
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’