Sun Pharma Raises Growth Outlook after Q3 Profit Beats F'cast
February 14, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUN.NS) on Thursday raised its revenue growth outlook for this fiscal year after it posted a 74 percent rise in quarterly net profit, beating estimates, on new generic drug launches in the United States.
Flickr via Creative Commons
Affymax plunged 85% after the company and Takeda Pharmaceuticals issued a national recall of their antianemia drug amid reports of severe allergic reactions, including a handful of deaths, in some patients with kidney disease.
The company, India's third-largest drugmaker by sales, said revenue in this fiscal year ending on March 31 would rise 29 percent, higher than its earlier guidance of 25 percent.
Sun's net profit in the quarter ended December rose to 15.31 billion rupees, compared to 8.81 billion rupees in the same period last year. Net sales grew 50 percent in the quarter to 42.87 billion rupees.
Analysts had expected the company to post a profit of 13.29 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
Sun, which gets more than half its revenue from the United States, said sales in its biggest market grew 57 percent, helped by the launch of drugs such as a generic version of Eli Lilly & Company's Cymbalta used for treating depressive disorders
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Russia Invades Ukraine, Pro-Russian Rebels Create 'Second Front,' Obama Maintains No Military Action from US
- TEPCO Loses in Fukushima Suicide Case, Ordered to Pay $472,000 to Family
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine