‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Star Jamie Dornan Admits 'He's No Hugh Grant' Plus Talks About the Last Time He was Angry
By Riza Ornos | February 14, 2014 2:58 PM EST
Playing the famous Christian Grey is no walk in a park and "Fifty Shades of Grey" star Jamie Dornan admits that he is no Hugh Grant. The actor landed one of the biggest role of his acting career when he was casted as one of the lead in E.L. James book adaptation.
The Northern Irish actor used to model before he tried his luck in acting, he was known for his role as Sheriff Graham Humbert in ABC's hit TV show "Once Upon a Time" and serial killer Paul Spector in the BBC Two crime drama series "The Fall."
The gorgeous model turned actor recently answered some questions during an interview with Elle Magazine and he admits that he has gotten a lot of other projects after landing the titular role in "Fifty Shades." The new dad is set to star for "New Worlds," a British historical drama which needs him to do a British accent.
"I've lived in London for over 11 years, so I've been around that accent a lot. Although, maybe when the show comes out it'll be so bad they'll have dubbed Hugh Grant over the top," quipped the actor to the British magazine.
Although he previously admitted worrying about his talent, the actor's confidence is now up and soaring with numerous projects landing on his lap. But he never likes talking about how he view himself and admits that things are doing incredibly well with his career.
"There's no way of me answering that without sounding like a d**k! Look, I wouldn't waste my time doing something if I didn't think I had the capability," explained the actor. "I've always wanted to act, but a lot of things need to be aligned; you need to get a little luck and you need that platform to prove you can act."
He also admits being angry recently because of watching rugby. Watching sporting events with his friends is what he does when he not starring opposite two gorgeous women like Gillian and Dakota. "Watching Ireland play rugby. I got very angry because we lost - I was heartbroken. I get bad road rage as well; a lot of swearing!" he revealed during the interview.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Winds of Winter’ Fans Speculation - Candidates For Marriage In The Next Book
- 'Festive In Death' By J.D. Robb Tops The New York Times Best Sellers List Of Combined Print And E-Book Fiction For The Week Of Sept. 28, 2014
- Top 5 Best-Selling Children's Series For The Week Of Sept. 28, 2014 Including 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner and ‘Divergent’ by Veronica Roth
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed