Official Android 4.3 Update for Sony Xperia T, TX and V Rolling Out Worldwide; Change Logs Reveal New Features
By Ryan Inoyori | February 14, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Sony Mobile is finally pushing out the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update Xperia T, TX and V which brings similar changes to Xperia SP such as Project Butter, new camera modes and updated user interface.
Xperia T, TX and V Android 4.3 Update
An official post from Sony noted the roll-out of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for three mid-range smartphones - Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V - after releasing the update for Xperia SP.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware includes major changes on these Xperia smartphones from user interface to app experience. Owners will get firmware build version 9.2.A.0.295 which has been approved by PTCRB last month and probably the final release if mostly bug free.
Sony's official change logs:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean goodies: Project Butter for improved UI response and smoother performance
- Tweaks, improvements and enhancements of user experience on Sony native apps such as Messaging, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID and Sony Select
- Updates on several Sony exclusive media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service
- All Xperia themes for downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- Enhancements on Android security and Sony's mobile enterprise
- New version of STAMINA mode for prolonging battery life.
Expanded changes owners will get from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
1. Smart Social camera apps enabled
2. Downloadable camera apps such as Timeshift Burst, Motion Shot and Motiongraph
3. More stock wallpaper and themes
4. Updated Xperia Home launcher
5. New lock screen with widgets
6. Daydream from Android 4.3
7. Updated App menu
8. myXperia to track down, lock or erase data on lost phone.
How to Install Update
Owners can install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphone using Sony PC Companion for Windows computers, Sony Bridge for Mac or Sony Update Service. The update won't erase any apps, setting or data files on their devices but owners mustn't interrupt the process to avoid corrupting the firmware. There is no Over-the-Air update for this firmware.
Xperia T, TX and V are still under investigation for Android KitKat update and later joined by Xperia SP on the status. Sony Mobile may have an intention to make Android KitKat exclusive to Xperia Z series and future mid-range smartphones for 2014. So far, Xperia SP, T, TX and V are still eligible for the next Android version within the 18-month update window period followed by manufacturers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- Blackberry Passport vs Nokia Lumia Icon: Which Smartphone Will Outdo the Other; Specifications and Price Comparisons
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes