Official Android 4.3 Update for Sony Xperia T, TX and V Rolling Out Worldwide; Change Logs Reveal New Features
By Ryan Inoyori | February 14, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Sony Mobile is finally pushing out the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update Xperia T, TX and V which brings similar changes to Xperia SP such as Project Butter, new camera modes and updated user interface.
Xperia T, TX and V Android 4.3 Update
An official post from Sony noted the roll-out of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for three mid-range smartphones - Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V - after releasing the update for Xperia SP.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware includes major changes on these Xperia smartphones from user interface to app experience. Owners will get firmware build version 9.2.A.0.295 which has been approved by PTCRB last month and probably the final release if mostly bug free.
Sony's official change logs:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean goodies: Project Butter for improved UI response and smoother performance
- Tweaks, improvements and enhancements of user experience on Sony native apps such as Messaging, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID and Sony Select
- Updates on several Sony exclusive media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service
- All Xperia themes for downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- Enhancements on Android security and Sony's mobile enterprise
- New version of STAMINA mode for prolonging battery life.
Expanded changes owners will get from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
1. Smart Social camera apps enabled
2. Downloadable camera apps such as Timeshift Burst, Motion Shot and Motiongraph
3. More stock wallpaper and themes
4. Updated Xperia Home launcher
5. New lock screen with widgets
6. Daydream from Android 4.3
7. Updated App menu
8. myXperia to track down, lock or erase data on lost phone.
How to Install Update
Owners can install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphone using Sony PC Companion for Windows computers, Sony Bridge for Mac or Sony Update Service. The update won't erase any apps, setting or data files on their devices but owners mustn't interrupt the process to avoid corrupting the firmware. There is no Over-the-Air update for this firmware.
Xperia T, TX and V are still under investigation for Android KitKat update and later joined by Xperia SP on the status. Sony Mobile may have an intention to make Android KitKat exclusive to Xperia Z series and future mid-range smartphones for 2014. So far, Xperia SP, T, TX and V are still eligible for the next Android version within the 18-month update window period followed by manufacturers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports