Official Android 4.3 Update for Sony Xperia T, TX and V Rolling Out Worldwide; Change Logs Reveal New Features
By Ryan Inoyori | February 14, 2014 2:53 PM EST
Sony Mobile is finally pushing out the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update Xperia T, TX and V which brings similar changes to Xperia SP such as Project Butter, new camera modes and updated user interface.
Xperia T, TX and V Android 4.3 Update
An official post from Sony noted the roll-out of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware for three mid-range smartphones - Xperia T, Xperia TX and Xperia V - after releasing the update for Xperia SP.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware includes major changes on these Xperia smartphones from user interface to app experience. Owners will get firmware build version 9.2.A.0.295 which has been approved by PTCRB last month and probably the final release if mostly bug free.
Sony's official change logs:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean goodies: Project Butter for improved UI response and smoother performance
- Tweaks, improvements and enhancements of user experience on Sony native apps such as Messaging, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID and Sony Select
- Updates on several Sony exclusive media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, and Sony Entertainment Network cloud service
- All Xperia themes for downloadable UI packs from Sony Select
- Enhancements on Android security and Sony's mobile enterprise
- New version of STAMINA mode for prolonging battery life.
Expanded changes owners will get from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean:
1. Smart Social camera apps enabled
2. Downloadable camera apps such as Timeshift Burst, Motion Shot and Motiongraph
3. More stock wallpaper and themes
4. Updated Xperia Home launcher
5. New lock screen with widgets
6. Daydream from Android 4.3
7. Updated App menu
8. myXperia to track down, lock or erase data on lost phone.
How to Install Update
Owners can install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphone using Sony PC Companion for Windows computers, Sony Bridge for Mac or Sony Update Service. The update won't erase any apps, setting or data files on their devices but owners mustn't interrupt the process to avoid corrupting the firmware. There is no Over-the-Air update for this firmware.
Xperia T, TX and V are still under investigation for Android KitKat update and later joined by Xperia SP on the status. Sony Mobile may have an intention to make Android KitKat exclusive to Xperia Z series and future mid-range smartphones for 2014. So far, Xperia SP, T, TX and V are still eligible for the next Android version within the 18-month update window period followed by manufacturers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu