Ashton Kutcher Receives a Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 14, 2014 2:38 PM EST
Could Ashton Kutcher be delving on to a different career as an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter? It is very unlikely. With the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) increasingly becoming a popular sport, Ashton is just one of the many celebrities who train in the martial arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Alex Gallardo / Reuters After replacing Charlie Sheen on the hit series Two and a Half Men, actor Ashton Kutcher has taken Sheen's number one spot on Forbes highest paid TV actors list.
After replacing Charlie Sheen on the hit series Two and a Half Men, actor Ashton Kutcher has taken Sheen's number one spot on Forbes highest paid TV actors list.
It was in 2011 that Ashton has reportedly started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu after a photo of him with practitioner Ricardo De La Riva surfaced on the Internet.
TMZ reported that Ashton has just received a two-stripe blue belt on Wednesday evening in Beverly Hills, California. According to the popular gossip entertainment Web site, the "Two and a Half Men" star has been training with Rigan Machado, a former Jiu-Jitsu champion who has an 8th degree red and black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Blue Belt is the second belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The stripe on the belt only represents the skill level of the person who practices the sport.
Below is a list of other famous individuals who have trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
Joe Rogan - UFC commentator (black belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado)
CM Punk - World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar (training under Rener Gracie)
Batista - WWE wrestler (purple belt under Cesar Gracie)
Mel Gibson - American actor (trained under Rorion Gracie)
Chuck Norris - American actor
Paul Walker - late American actor (brown belt but promoted to black belt after his death by instructor Ricardo Miller.
Nicolas Cage - American actor (training under Royce Gracie)
Michael Clarke Duncan - American actor (purple belt and currently training at Gracie Academy)
Guy Ritchie - Film director (brown belt under Renzo Gracie)
It is interesting to find out about celebrities and even other famous people practicing some form of martial arts. Could the popularity of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu driving these celebrities to train or is it the other way around?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports