Ashton Kutcher Receives a Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 14, 2014 2:38 PM EST
Could Ashton Kutcher be delving on to a different career as an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) fighter? It is very unlikely. With the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) increasingly becoming a popular sport, Ashton is just one of the many celebrities who train in the martial arts of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Alex Gallardo / Reuters After replacing Charlie Sheen on the hit series Two and a Half Men, actor Ashton Kutcher has taken Sheen's number one spot on Forbes highest paid TV actors list.
After replacing Charlie Sheen on the hit series Two and a Half Men, actor Ashton Kutcher has taken Sheen's number one spot on Forbes highest paid TV actors list.
It was in 2011 that Ashton has reportedly started training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu after a photo of him with practitioner Ricardo De La Riva surfaced on the Internet.
TMZ reported that Ashton has just received a two-stripe blue belt on Wednesday evening in Beverly Hills, California. According to the popular gossip entertainment Web site, the "Two and a Half Men" star has been training with Rigan Machado, a former Jiu-Jitsu champion who has an 8th degree red and black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
Blue Belt is the second belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The stripe on the belt only represents the skill level of the person who practices the sport.
Below is a list of other famous individuals who have trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu:
Joe Rogan - UFC commentator (black belt under Eddie Bravo and Jean Jacques Machado)
CM Punk - World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) superstar (training under Rener Gracie)
Batista - WWE wrestler (purple belt under Cesar Gracie)
Mel Gibson - American actor (trained under Rorion Gracie)
Chuck Norris - American actor
Paul Walker - late American actor (brown belt but promoted to black belt after his death by instructor Ricardo Miller.
Nicolas Cage - American actor (training under Royce Gracie)
Michael Clarke Duncan - American actor (purple belt and currently training at Gracie Academy)
Guy Ritchie - Film director (brown belt under Renzo Gracie)
It is interesting to find out about celebrities and even other famous people practicing some form of martial arts. Could the popularity of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu driving these celebrities to train or is it the other way around?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015