Mariah Carey Throws Shade at Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | February 14, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Ariana Grande has long been dubbed the Mariah Carey of today's generation. However, the real Mariah Carey doesn't feel the least bit happy about it judging from her recent interview. For one, the former "American Idol" judge had scathing words to say.
Mariah Carey has also been part of the bandwagon of rumored judges. However, Cowell has dispelled the rumors, saying that the show might be too much on the diva's plate. "I adore her, love her," he said, according to MTV. "But you can't expect someone who has just had two kids [and] has a record career to make the kind of commitment we would need on this show."
Nickelodeon's biggest star, Ariana Grande is earning a lot of praises from celebrities in Hollywood which include singers alike. She's been dubbed the Mariah Carey of the younger generation due to her vocal prowess. At times when she's constantly being compared to the "Hero" singer, Grande feels nothing but great honour.
Yet, Mariah Carey isn't quite supportive of the praise nor has she approved of Grande's ability. Judging from what she said in an interview with The Breakfast Club Power 105.1, the former A.I. judge even went on to throw shade at the "Sam & Cat" star.
"First of all, I'm still young because I discount numbers. Numerically speaking, I stopped counting at 17," answered Carey to the question about Grande's status called the "young Mariah."
"I wish everybody the best of luck and if this is the career path they choose, hopefully they can achieve," continued the songstress (via Pop Crush).
While Mimi's statements weren't exactly a diss aimed at Grande, it was obvious she didn't share the same praise other singers had for the red-head starlet. Now, how would "Arianators" react to Mariah Carey's shade?
On the other hand, Ariana Grande is currently working on her second studio album following the huge success of her "Baby I" album along with the help of Manager Scooter Braun, who is also Justin Bieber's manager. Despite today being the day of love, Grande won't be spending it with a special someone given she had called it quits with The Wanted singer's Nathan Sykes a few weeks back. Still, fans of the "Nariana" couple hope for a romantic reunion and that a new collaboration is born out of it.
For now, all fans can do is sit back, wait and see what happens between Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande after the former's shade thrown at the latter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast