Mariah Carey Throws Shade at Ariana Grande
By Diadem Pambid | February 14, 2014 1:52 PM EST
Ariana Grande has long been dubbed the Mariah Carey of today's generation. However, the real Mariah Carey doesn't feel the least bit happy about it judging from her recent interview. For one, the former "American Idol" judge had scathing words to say.
Mariah Carey has also been part of the bandwagon of rumored judges. However, Cowell has dispelled the rumors, saying that the show might be too much on the diva's plate. "I adore her, love her," he said, according to MTV. "But you can't expect someone who has just had two kids [and] has a record career to make the kind of commitment we would need on this show."
Nickelodeon's biggest star, Ariana Grande is earning a lot of praises from celebrities in Hollywood which include singers alike. She's been dubbed the Mariah Carey of the younger generation due to her vocal prowess. At times when she's constantly being compared to the "Hero" singer, Grande feels nothing but great honour.
Yet, Mariah Carey isn't quite supportive of the praise nor has she approved of Grande's ability. Judging from what she said in an interview with The Breakfast Club Power 105.1, the former A.I. judge even went on to throw shade at the "Sam & Cat" star.
"First of all, I'm still young because I discount numbers. Numerically speaking, I stopped counting at 17," answered Carey to the question about Grande's status called the "young Mariah."
"I wish everybody the best of luck and if this is the career path they choose, hopefully they can achieve," continued the songstress (via Pop Crush).
While Mimi's statements weren't exactly a diss aimed at Grande, it was obvious she didn't share the same praise other singers had for the red-head starlet. Now, how would "Arianators" react to Mariah Carey's shade?
On the other hand, Ariana Grande is currently working on her second studio album following the huge success of her "Baby I" album along with the help of Manager Scooter Braun, who is also Justin Bieber's manager. Despite today being the day of love, Grande won't be spending it with a special someone given she had called it quits with The Wanted singer's Nathan Sykes a few weeks back. Still, fans of the "Nariana" couple hope for a romantic reunion and that a new collaboration is born out of it.
For now, all fans can do is sit back, wait and see what happens between Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande after the former's shade thrown at the latter.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June