Leaked Prototype Hints a Thinner and Bigger iPhone 6 on Release Date
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 14, 2014 1:04 PM EST
It seems that Apple can't build a device without its prototype cases being leaked into the Internet. In fact, now, we are seeing another leaked images of a possible prototype of the iPhone 6 posted by a Twitter user.
The tweet addressed to a number of Apple-focused Web sites revealed some iPhone 6 shells that look pretty much like the current models of iPhone, but are thinner with a larger edge-to-edge display. Basically, the bigger and bezel-free design coincide with the previous rumours about the design of the iPhone 6.
On the other hand, MacRumors reported that the parts seen in the prototype are 2.6 inches wide, which is relatively bigger than the 2.31 inches of the iPhone 5s. However, there is no way to tell if we are looking at a legitimate prototype of the iPhone 6 or not, considering that the photos are quite blurry. But then again, it is worth noting that a couple of features support previous rumours of a larger and bezel-free screen.
Furthermore, this leak supports the rumour that claims that next generation iPhones will be thinner and lighter than the current models in the market because of advancements on the LED technology for the backlight display. The thinner and lighter iPhone 6 is pretty apparent from the photos that show a curved aesthetic similar to the iPad mini, iPad Air and the iPod Touch.
Meanwhile, the iPhone 6 is also rumoured to sport a sapphire display but it is hard to tell from the photos leaked. At the very least, the leaked images offer us a nice view what a thinner and lighter iPhone 6 might look like.
Thus far, we must take this rumour with a grain of salt. There are no official announcements made my Apple regarding this matter but we expect to see more rumours and leaks as the iPhone 6 release date nears.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build