Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Far Off as Sprint Variant Gets Source Code
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 14, 2014 12:11 PM EST
U.S. carriers have been quiet about the upcoming Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for the Samsung Galaxy S4, Note 3 and others all along. Now, that is about to change, as Samsung released the source code files of the Android 4.4 KitKat for the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S4.
An update's source code typically is not released until after the update has begun rolling out, but Samsung appears to do otherwise as it is geared to do it before. Basically, the final build is pretty much complete.
The release of the source code files of the Android 4.4 KitKat for the Sprint Galaxy S4 lends credence to the upcoming release of the international version of the Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S4. We already have more details to back up the premise that the update is coming sooner rather than later.
According to Android Central, the Android 4.4 KitKat update for Sprint variant of the Galaxy S4 is scheduled to start rolling out Feb 13. Apart from this, a number of signs are pointing to the initial U.S. KitKat launch. The update will start on Sprint and then soon to other U.S. carriers. Thus far, there is not much information on the details of the leak, but there is a date and a build number.
Sprint is known to go the extra mile to be the first to release updates to its devices like the Sprint variant of the HTC One and the forthcoming Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Motorola Moto X. Now, it appears that the current flagship device of Samsung, the Galaxy S4, is joining the list pretty soon.
So far, unfortunately, there is no official statement from Sprint or Samsung on Android 4.4 KitKat updates just yet.
But according to the source, the update should start rolling out pretty soon; however, until it does, developers can still have fun with the source code. When the update finally begins, it appears that Sprint will have first dibs in the U.S.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More