Australian Series American Adaptation, ‘Secret & Lies’, Casts Juliette Lewis, Ryan Phillippe
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 14, 2014 10:44 AM EST
Network Ten's suburban thriller, "Secret & Lies," is one of the most anticipated series of 2014 in Australia. This series is also one of the most talked about Australian T.V. exports to America. America's broadcast channel, ABC, had given direct-to-series order for the U.S version of "Secret & Lies" in October, 2013.
According to Network Ten's synopsis, "Secrets & Lies is a gripping six-part series that tells the story of Ben Gundelach, an everyday family man who finds the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime murder suspect." He has no other option but to find the real killer as everything is at stake, including his marriage, kids, reputation and sanity.
The American adaptation will consist of ten episodes. TV Line reports that Hollywood actress, Juliette Lewis, has been roped in to play the character of Detective Cornell. Media reports have confirmed that Ryan Phillippe and Natalie Martinez have also been cast in this murder thriller.
The Hollywood Reporter had reported that Phillippe will play the main role of Ben Garner who is a house painter. The report describes his character as a "decent family man." Ben Garner is a father of two children, Natalie, 16, and Abby, 12. He and his wife, Christy, relationship is on the rocks.
Barbie Kligman is writing the script. According to TV Line, she will don the executive producer's hat, as well. Charles McDougall will be directing the American adaptation.
In the Australian version, Anthony Hayes is portraying the role of Detective Cornielle. The Australian version also stars Martin Henderson, who plays the principal role of Ben Gundelach, Diana Glenn, portraying Christy Gundelach, Philippa Coulthard, Ben Lawson, Damon Gameau and Adrienne Pickering.
Network Ten's "Secret & Lies" has been shot at various locations in and around South-East Queensland. In a statement, Tracey Robertson, CEO at Hoodlum, producer of "Secret & Lies," said: "This compelling whodunit scratches below the surface of a typical neighbourhood that, under such tragic circumstances, is forced to expose the secrets and lies of its residents. "Each week reveals new suspects and new secrets to discover, and uncovers the lies of our seemingly ordinary characters."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate