Canadian Woman Looking for Brother for 23 Years, Turns to Facebook for Help
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 14, 2014 10:16 AM EST
A Canadian aboriginal woman is looking for her younger brother. She started the search in 1991. However, she is yet to find him. Now, she took the help of Facebook.
Lori Campbell's mother turned a prostitute at the age of 14 after being sexually abused as a child. A certain John was responsible for her giving birth to her daughter. Her daughter had been sent to social services before she was adopted by a white family.
However, Ms Campbell has always been aware that she was not white. Her aboriginal background has always made her stand out as someone different in her family. On the other hand, she was not particularly encouraged to get involved in her heritage.
CBC News reported that Ms Campbell had begun searching for her family after finishing her graduation from school. It was 1991 when she moved to Regina for university. She eventually came to know the name of her mother only after eight years of quest. When she had the name, she discovered a phone number from a library phone book. Within hours, she spoke with her biological mother for the very first time in her life, and her mother told her that he had always known that her daughter would find her.
Ms Campbell came to know that all eight children of her mother were put in social care. She felt that, as the oldest child of her mother, she had the responsibility to find all of them. It is no short of a miracle that she found all her siblings in due course, except one of them. She is still searching for her younger brother who was born in 1974 in Regina. He was later adopted in 1978.
Now, she turned to Facebook to find out her lost brother. The photo that she posted on her Facebook profile had her holding a note reading that she found all of her "birth family" except one. The photo has already been shared for more than 10,000 times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Gay Community In Liberia Persecuted For Ebola; Church Leaders Call Virus 'Punishment' For Homosexuality
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS