Canadian Woman Looking for Brother for 23 Years, Turns to Facebook for Help
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 14, 2014 10:16 AM EST
A Canadian aboriginal woman is looking for her younger brother. She started the search in 1991. However, she is yet to find him. Now, she took the help of Facebook.
Lori Campbell's mother turned a prostitute at the age of 14 after being sexually abused as a child. A certain John was responsible for her giving birth to her daughter. Her daughter had been sent to social services before she was adopted by a white family.
However, Ms Campbell has always been aware that she was not white. Her aboriginal background has always made her stand out as someone different in her family. On the other hand, she was not particularly encouraged to get involved in her heritage.
CBC News reported that Ms Campbell had begun searching for her family after finishing her graduation from school. It was 1991 when she moved to Regina for university. She eventually came to know the name of her mother only after eight years of quest. When she had the name, she discovered a phone number from a library phone book. Within hours, she spoke with her biological mother for the very first time in her life, and her mother told her that he had always known that her daughter would find her.
Ms Campbell came to know that all eight children of her mother were put in social care. She felt that, as the oldest child of her mother, she had the responsibility to find all of them. It is no short of a miracle that she found all her siblings in due course, except one of them. She is still searching for her younger brother who was born in 1974 in Regina. He was later adopted in 1978.
Now, she turned to Facebook to find out her lost brother. The photo that she posted on her Facebook profile had her holding a note reading that she found all of her "birth family" except one. The photo has already been shared for more than 10,000 times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet