Canadian Woman Looking for Brother for 23 Years, Turns to Facebook for Help
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | February 14, 2014 10:16 AM EST
A Canadian aboriginal woman is looking for her younger brother. She started the search in 1991. However, she is yet to find him. Now, she took the help of Facebook.
Lori Campbell's mother turned a prostitute at the age of 14 after being sexually abused as a child. A certain John was responsible for her giving birth to her daughter. Her daughter had been sent to social services before she was adopted by a white family.
However, Ms Campbell has always been aware that she was not white. Her aboriginal background has always made her stand out as someone different in her family. On the other hand, she was not particularly encouraged to get involved in her heritage.
CBC News reported that Ms Campbell had begun searching for her family after finishing her graduation from school. It was 1991 when she moved to Regina for university. She eventually came to know the name of her mother only after eight years of quest. When she had the name, she discovered a phone number from a library phone book. Within hours, she spoke with her biological mother for the very first time in her life, and her mother told her that he had always known that her daughter would find her.
Ms Campbell came to know that all eight children of her mother were put in social care. She felt that, as the oldest child of her mother, she had the responsibility to find all of them. It is no short of a miracle that she found all her siblings in due course, except one of them. She is still searching for her younger brother who was born in 1974 in Regina. He was later adopted in 1978.
Now, she turned to Facebook to find out her lost brother. The photo that she posted on her Facebook profile had her holding a note reading that she found all of her "birth family" except one. The photo has already been shared for more than 10,000 times.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’