Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’ Tops Spotify’s Perfect Love Songs For Valentine’s Day [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | February 14, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Need the perfect tune to get into the mood for Valentine’s Day? Adele has just the right song for you. Her cover of Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” is the perfect love song, according to music streaming service Spotify.
The digital music service released three Valentine’s Day-themed playlists, featuring some of the most popular love ballads.
The first playlist is the top love songs in the U.S., which is based on tracks that have been streamed the most on February 14 during the past years. Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” claimed the top spot, with Adele’s “Make You Feel My Love” only coming in at second place.
For those who don’t have a date for the day, Spotify also has a list for them that is inspired by the fictional Bridget Jones. Dinah Washington’s “Mad About The Boy” is the top song, followed by Lily Allen’s “Littlest Things,” Celine Dion’s aptly titled “All By Myself,” and Gloria Gaynor’s super empowering hit “I Will Survive.”
Lastly, for the most perfect love songs playlist for Valentine’s Day, Spotify worked in collaboration with Jacob Jolij, an assistant professor in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Groningen, as well as with Maureen Crowe, the president of the Music Supervisor’s Guild.
According to them, the formula that makes a perfect love song is composed of sentimental lyrics, slow tempo, syncopated rhythm, major key and standard chord progression.
The result includes some of the most popular love songs ever to be played, such as Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing,” Elvis Presley’s “Love Me Tender,” and The Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody.”
Here are the perfect love songs, according to Spotify:
1. “Make You Feel My Love” (Adele)
2. “Sexual Healing” (Marvin Gaye)
3. “I Will Always Love You” (Whitney Houston / Dolly Parton)
4. “Wonderful Tonight” (Eric Clapton)
5. “Love Me Tender” (Elvis Presley)
6. “Let Her Go” (Passenger)
7. “Unchained Melody” (The Righteous Brothers)
8. “She” (Elvis Costello)
9. “If I Ain’t Got You” (Alicia Keys)
10. “Think Twice” (Celine Dion)
11. “Vision of Love” (Mariah Carey)
12. “Bleeding Love” (Leona Lewis)
13. “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” (Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes)
14. “Un-Break My Heart” (Toni Braxton)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510