Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’ Tops Spotify’s Perfect Love Songs For Valentine’s Day [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | February 14, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Need the perfect tune to get into the mood for Valentine’s Day? Adele has just the right song for you. Her cover of Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” is the perfect love song, according to music streaming service Spotify.
The digital music service released three Valentine’s Day-themed playlists, featuring some of the most popular love ballads.
The first playlist is the top love songs in the U.S., which is based on tracks that have been streamed the most on February 14 during the past years. Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” claimed the top spot, with Adele’s “Make You Feel My Love” only coming in at second place.
For those who don’t have a date for the day, Spotify also has a list for them that is inspired by the fictional Bridget Jones. Dinah Washington’s “Mad About The Boy” is the top song, followed by Lily Allen’s “Littlest Things,” Celine Dion’s aptly titled “All By Myself,” and Gloria Gaynor’s super empowering hit “I Will Survive.”
Lastly, for the most perfect love songs playlist for Valentine’s Day, Spotify worked in collaboration with Jacob Jolij, an assistant professor in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Groningen, as well as with Maureen Crowe, the president of the Music Supervisor’s Guild.
According to them, the formula that makes a perfect love song is composed of sentimental lyrics, slow tempo, syncopated rhythm, major key and standard chord progression.
The result includes some of the most popular love songs ever to be played, such as Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing,” Elvis Presley’s “Love Me Tender,” and The Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody.”
Here are the perfect love songs, according to Spotify:
1. “Make You Feel My Love” (Adele)
2. “Sexual Healing” (Marvin Gaye)
3. “I Will Always Love You” (Whitney Houston / Dolly Parton)
4. “Wonderful Tonight” (Eric Clapton)
5. “Love Me Tender” (Elvis Presley)
6. “Let Her Go” (Passenger)
7. “Unchained Melody” (The Righteous Brothers)
8. “She” (Elvis Costello)
9. “If I Ain’t Got You” (Alicia Keys)
10. “Think Twice” (Celine Dion)
11. “Vision of Love” (Mariah Carey)
12. “Bleeding Love” (Leona Lewis)
13. “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” (Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes)
14. “Un-Break My Heart” (Toni Braxton)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report