Adele’s ‘Make You Feel My Love’ Tops Spotify’s Perfect Love Songs For Valentine’s Day [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | February 14, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Need the perfect tune to get into the mood for Valentine’s Day? Adele has just the right song for you. Her cover of Bob Dylan’s “Make You Feel My Love” is the perfect love song, according to music streaming service Spotify.
The digital music service released three Valentine’s Day-themed playlists, featuring some of the most popular love ballads.
The first playlist is the top love songs in the U.S., which is based on tracks that have been streamed the most on February 14 during the past years. Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” claimed the top spot, with Adele’s “Make You Feel My Love” only coming in at second place.
For those who don’t have a date for the day, Spotify also has a list for them that is inspired by the fictional Bridget Jones. Dinah Washington’s “Mad About The Boy” is the top song, followed by Lily Allen’s “Littlest Things,” Celine Dion’s aptly titled “All By Myself,” and Gloria Gaynor’s super empowering hit “I Will Survive.”
Lastly, for the most perfect love songs playlist for Valentine’s Day, Spotify worked in collaboration with Jacob Jolij, an assistant professor in Cognitive Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Groningen, as well as with Maureen Crowe, the president of the Music Supervisor’s Guild.
According to them, the formula that makes a perfect love song is composed of sentimental lyrics, slow tempo, syncopated rhythm, major key and standard chord progression.
The result includes some of the most popular love songs ever to be played, such as Marvin Gaye’s “Sexual Healing,” Elvis Presley’s “Love Me Tender,” and The Righteous Brothers’ “Unchained Melody.”
Here are the perfect love songs, according to Spotify:
1. “Make You Feel My Love” (Adele)
2. “Sexual Healing” (Marvin Gaye)
3. “I Will Always Love You” (Whitney Houston / Dolly Parton)
4. “Wonderful Tonight” (Eric Clapton)
5. “Love Me Tender” (Elvis Presley)
6. “Let Her Go” (Passenger)
7. “Unchained Melody” (The Righteous Brothers)
8. “She” (Elvis Costello)
9. “If I Ain’t Got You” (Alicia Keys)
10. “Think Twice” (Celine Dion)
11. “Vision of Love” (Mariah Carey)
12. “Bleeding Love” (Leona Lewis)
13. “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” (Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes)
14. “Un-Break My Heart” (Toni Braxton)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date