Drake ‘Disgusted’ His Rolling Stone Cover Went To Philip Seymour Hoffman
By Anne Lu | February 14, 2014 7:33 AM EST
Drake is “disgusted” that Rolling Stone magazine dared to give its cover to Philip Seymour Hoffman when he had been promised that he would get it. The Canadian rapper apparently only agreed to the interview if he would be on the cover.
In a couple of Twitter posts he has since deleted, the 27-year-old “Best I Ever Had” singer complained about the music magazine printing what he said about Kanye West and giving the cover issue to Hoffman, who died on February 2.
“I never commented on Yeezus for my interview portion of Rolling Stone. They also took my cover from me last minute and ran the issue,” he Tweeted on Wednesday.
“I’m disgusted with that. RIP to Phillip Seymour Hoffman. All respect due. But the press is evil.”
He added in another Tweet:
I'm done doing interviews for magazines. I just want to give my music to the people. That's the only way my message gets across accurately.
— Drizzy (@Drake) February 13, 2014
His “disgusted” comment has invited a lot of negative reactions from Netizens, with some people saying that he has a bloated ego and an unbelievable a sense of entitlement.
Apparently, Drake only agreed to the interview if he would get the cover.
Sources told TMZ that Drake didn’t even have to feel that he was tricked into giving the interview without the cover feature because he was told beforehand of what would happen. The interview was held on January 28, with the photo shoot completed as well before Hoffman died on February 2.
Drake was then told on Friday that Hoffman would be on the cover instead of him, days before Rolling Stone released a teaser on his interview. According to the gossip site’s sources, changing of cover features is a standard procedure.
On Tuesday, Rolling Stone released a teaser on its upcoming feature with Drake, in which he was quoted taking a swipe at Kanye for his lyrics on his “Yeezus” album, specifically a line from the track “I’m In It.”
It reads: “’There were some questionable bars on there,’ he says. ‘Like that ‘Swaghili’ line? Come on, man. Even Fabolous wouldn’t say some sh** like that.’ But Drake says he speaks from a bedrock of deep respect. ‘Kanye’s the reason I’m here. I love everything about that guy.’”
In his aforementioned deleted Tweet, Drake denied he commented on “Yeezus” for his interview with Rolling Stone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'