#PepperSpray Tweets Storm Micro-Blogging Site: Top 10 Jokes You Should Not Miss
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 13, 2014 11:55 PM EST
After MP L Rajagopal used pepper spray against some of his fellow MPs in the Lok Sabha on Thursday, outraged public have stormed Twitter with the hashtag #PepperSpray.
Twitter Pic Screen Shot
Twitter Pic Screen Shot
The hashtag topped in all India trends on Thursday, and it is also the top most trending topic across all major cities except for Hyderabad, where it is trending below #Telangana #Parliament #Lok Sabha and #MPs.
The country's media are in a frenzy after the incident, with many outlets calling it a "shameful day". Times Now have urged the viewers to tweet their reactions using the hastag #RowdyMP, while also calling the MPs "goons". Bold uppercase headlines have been blaring with questions like "Should President dissolve the Parliament?" and "Should the PM resign?"
Following are the most notable Twitter reactions to the grave incident:
2. "Sanjay Jha ji should also use #PepperSpray during Arnab's Newshour," he added later.
3. BJP MP Anurag Thakur tweeted: "Disgraceful act by CongMP L Rajgopal, who used pepper spray. Civility in the House absent. Cong making a joke of democracy."
4. News channel Aaj Tak was concerned about the safety of Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar. It posted a picture of the cricketing legend and Bharat Ratna winner sporting a gas mask - just so that he can be safe.
5. A tweet from the handle @pankajmishra23 read: "@ArvindKejriwal is responsible, as Aam Aadmi produced pepper!"
6. Faking News responded with a picture of a Google Doodle with the speaker, Meira Kumar sporting a mask. "Google Doodle pays tribute to Indian parliament #PepperSpray," it read.
7. A user with the handle Avadhoot Patwardhan said: "After passing #PepperSpray bill today in parliament, the #Pepper prices sky rocketed and Pawar is happy that his will impact Agriculture"
8. Another user with the name Gulaab Gang said: "Looks like the parliament is finally taking Women safety and empowerment seriously!"
9. "RahulG on Parliament Ruckus: #Pepperspray is a powerful weapon to empower the women," said Yo Yo Diggy Singh.
10. An individual called Kapil said: "Recipe for a perfect 'Democracy' - Parliament + MPs + a Pinch of Pepper! #Pepperspray".
— Faking News (@fakingnews) February 13, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Australia's Renewable Energy Industry Braces for Removal of Support
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How