‘Orphan Black’ Spoilers: When It Returns, Introduces A New Character, Season 2 Is A Real Treat
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 13, 2014 11:42 PM EST
"Orphan Black," BBC America's original series, returns for Season 2 on April 19 with 10 episodes.
The "Orphan Black" team has roped-in actress Michelle Forbes to portray the role of Marian Bowles, a Dyad agent. According to BBC America's blog, Bowles will be "keeping a bird's eyeview on the war between Sarah and Rachel."
The actress is tight-lipped about her role in the upcoming season. In an interview with BBC America, Forbes said her character will be "Marion Bowles who has invested a lot in the clones. In their science. I'll leave it at that."
In addition to the introduction of Forbes as Bowles, Season 2 will also see the introduction of three more additional characters. Michiel Huisman will play the character of Cal Morrison, an intelligent man who claims to have sixth sense about people and his surroundings. Peter Outerbridge will play Henrik 'Hank' Johanssen, while Ari Millen will portray as Mark.
TV Line reported Peter's character is a "mercurial modern day cowboy." He will be heading a gang that has broken-off from the "Prolethean" brotherhood. Mark, a man with a cunning trait and dark edge, will be one of Johanssen's devoted followers.
"Orphan Black" Season 2 will open with Sarah frantically searching for her daughter Kira. The new season is expected to feature a season-long power struggle between Rachel and Sarah. The relationship between Sarah and Felix will go through some testing time, according to Graeme Manson, creator of "Orphan Black."
In the upcoming season, Sarah will also find more about her past. Manson has indicated the secret of Aynsley's death will consume Alison, while Cosima will be in a heart-breaking situation as she deals with signs of a mysterious illness.
As previously reported, the new season will thematically tackle the issue of patenting human DNA. On Wednesday, Zoé De Grand Maison said on Twitter: "Last day on set for season 2 of @OrphanBlack today... :( But gotta tell ya, #cloneclub you are in for a real treat this year. Get. READY."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate