3 Google Nexus 10 2 Features As HTC Takes the Helm
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2014 11:13 PM EST
Recent reports claimed HTC will be taking the helm in developing the next-generation Google Nexus 10.
HTC and Google remain mum about the rumors that the two will work together in creating the much awaited Google Nexus 10 2. Sources said HTC-Google Nexus 10 2 is underway as HTC is expected to have won the bidding for creating the 10-inch slab.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
Taiwanese media Focus Taiwan first reported HTC's involvement in making Google Nexus 10 2. The report added the device will start shipping in the third quarter of 2014. Other rumors noted it is the Nexus 8 that HTC will be working on with Google. This is supported by the report from DigiTimes, saying Google approached HTC to take charge in manufacturing the tablet.
The joint venture will be beneficial, especially to HTC, as partnerships like this will give companies an edge in the market. Samsung, ASUS and LG gained more popularity when they collaborated with Google in creating its devices.
Based on its track record, HTC is not the best tablet maker in the market. HTC Flyer tablet did not do well as expected. But the idea of HTC trying out once more to prove itself is a different story. The company could develop a powerful tablet, which will be a game changer in the market.
If HTC will take the helm in creating Nexus 10 2, there are three features that consumers will most likely see in the tablet. The tablet will pack a quad-core processor clocked at almost 3 GHz. This will be paired with 3 GB RAM. This ensures better and faster processing power.
Google has a habit of releasing new devices with a new operating system. Early speculations suggested the tablet will run with Android 4.5 Lollipop OS. But it is unofficial until we hear it from the horse's mouth.
Meanwhile, Google still has not confirmed the specs and features of its full-fledged tablet. Some of the rumored features of the 10-inch tablet are 2K screen display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, specifically NVIDIA Tegra 4 chipset or latest Snapdragon CPU or Samsung's Exynos chip and 5-megapixel rear camera and 3-megapixel front-facing camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows