3 Google Nexus 10 2 Features As HTC Takes the Helm
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2014 11:13 PM EST
Recent reports claimed HTC will be taking the helm in developing the next-generation Google Nexus 10.
HTC and Google remain mum about the rumors that the two will work together in creating the much awaited Google Nexus 10 2. Sources said HTC-Google Nexus 10 2 is underway as HTC is expected to have won the bidding for creating the 10-inch slab.
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E update is available for Nexus 10.
Taiwanese media Focus Taiwan first reported HTC's involvement in making Google Nexus 10 2. The report added the device will start shipping in the third quarter of 2014. Other rumors noted it is the Nexus 8 that HTC will be working on with Google. This is supported by the report from DigiTimes, saying Google approached HTC to take charge in manufacturing the tablet.
The joint venture will be beneficial, especially to HTC, as partnerships like this will give companies an edge in the market. Samsung, ASUS and LG gained more popularity when they collaborated with Google in creating its devices.
Based on its track record, HTC is not the best tablet maker in the market. HTC Flyer tablet did not do well as expected. But the idea of HTC trying out once more to prove itself is a different story. The company could develop a powerful tablet, which will be a game changer in the market.
If HTC will take the helm in creating Nexus 10 2, there are three features that consumers will most likely see in the tablet. The tablet will pack a quad-core processor clocked at almost 3 GHz. This will be paired with 3 GB RAM. This ensures better and faster processing power.
Google has a habit of releasing new devices with a new operating system. Early speculations suggested the tablet will run with Android 4.5 Lollipop OS. But it is unofficial until we hear it from the horse's mouth.
Meanwhile, Google still has not confirmed the specs and features of its full-fledged tablet. Some of the rumored features of the 10-inch tablet are 2K screen display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, specifically NVIDIA Tegra 4 chipset or latest Snapdragon CPU or Samsung's Exynos chip and 5-megapixel rear camera and 3-megapixel front-facing camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report