NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Lakers
By James Patrick Quizon | February 13, 2014 9:38 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder’s recent surge has brought them to the top of the Western Conference. The Los Angeles Laker’s continuing slump has dropped them near the conference’s bottom. These teams going to opposite directions on Thursday in the last game in the NBA before the All-Star break.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
The Thunder are coming off wins over the New York Knicks, 112-100 and Portland Trail Blazers, 98-95 and have only lost twice since mid-January with a 14-2 win-loss record in this stretch. Conversely, the Lakers are entering the game from back-to-back losses and have lost 21 of 26 games in the past two months.
OKC’s Kevin Durant had another monster performance in the win versus the Blazers finishing with 36 points and 10 rebounds. The young guns also did their share as Reggie Jackson had 17 points 6 rebounds and 5 assists and Jeremy Lamb had 19 points and 5 boards off the bench.
The beleaguered Lakers couldn’t handle the visiting Utah Jazz in their last outing as they lost via a 96-79 blowout. L.A.'s offense sputtered once again shooting just 38.8 per cent from the field (33/85 FG) and they were outrebounded, 55-40 as well. Center Chris Kaman had his best effort for the season with 25 points and 14 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.
In the first meeting between these teams, the Thunder destroyed the Lakers, 122-97. Durant had 31 markers and 3 steals in that game and three other OKC players ended up in double-figure scoring.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-11) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (207.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games
- The Thunder are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
- The Thunder are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal