NBA Preview: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Los Angeles Lakers
By James Patrick Quizon | February 13, 2014 9:38 PM EST
The Oklahoma City Thunder’s recent surge has brought them to the top of the Western Conference. The Los Angeles Laker’s continuing slump has dropped them near the conference’s bottom. These teams going to opposite directions on Thursday in the last game in the NBA before the All-Star break.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves
The Thunder are coming off wins over the New York Knicks, 112-100 and Portland Trail Blazers, 98-95 and have only lost twice since mid-January with a 14-2 win-loss record in this stretch. Conversely, the Lakers are entering the game from back-to-back losses and have lost 21 of 26 games in the past two months.
OKC’s Kevin Durant had another monster performance in the win versus the Blazers finishing with 36 points and 10 rebounds. The young guns also did their share as Reggie Jackson had 17 points 6 rebounds and 5 assists and Jeremy Lamb had 19 points and 5 boards off the bench.
The beleaguered Lakers couldn’t handle the visiting Utah Jazz in their last outing as they lost via a 96-79 blowout. L.A.'s offense sputtered once again shooting just 38.8 per cent from the field (33/85 FG) and they were outrebounded, 55-40 as well. Center Chris Kaman had his best effort for the season with 25 points and 14 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.
In the first meeting between these teams, the Thunder destroyed the Lakers, 122-97. Durant had 31 markers and 3 steals in that game and three other OKC players ended up in double-figure scoring.
Betting Lines: Oklahoma City Thunder (-11) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (207.0)
Game time: 1:30 pm AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Oklahoma City Thunder Trends
- The Thunder are 12-4 ATS in their last 16 games
- The Thunder are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games vs. West teams
- The Thunder are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games on the road
Los Angeles Lakers Trends
- The Lakers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games vs. West teams
- The Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after an ATS loss
- The Lakers are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games at home
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier