‘Gunday’ Box Office: Will Arjun-Ranveer Starrer Stop ‘Jai Ho’ Theatrical Run?
By Ankita Mehta | February 13, 2014 9:34 PM EST
"Gunday" starring Priyanka Chopra, Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor in the lead roles is all set to release amidst positive buzz and hype. The film is likely to affect the theatrical run of Salman Khan's "Jai Ho" in India.
"Gunday" is set to have a good opening at the domestic box office since the pre-release buzz is in it's favour. Ali Zafar's directorial film "Gunday", which is an action thriller, is a Valentine's Day release, which falls on Friday.
Despite being a non-holiday, Valentine's Day will boost the opening day business of the film. It has been noted that on Valentine's Day, the footfalls at theaters generally increases, according to boxofficeindia.
"Gunday" is one of the most awaited films as it has made a greater effect with its promos and music. The trailer of the film is one of the most liked promos of this year and its songs, especially "Tune Maari Entriyan" are topping popularity charts.
The Ranveer and Arjun Jodi is gaining popularity as the new "Jay-Veeru" of Bollywood. Ranveer and Arjun's chemistry in the film is the main USP. The film also features Priyanka and Irrfan Khan in main roles.
Being a solo release, the film is expected to have a good occupancy at the domestic box office. The screen count of the film is also good.
The action thriller will have around 60 to 70 percent occupancy at multiplexes and around 80 percent in single screens.
Meanwhile, the release of "Gunday" might stop the box office run of "Jai Ho". Salman starrer action thriller has already slowed down its box office pace. Last week, four releases have reduced the screen count of "Jai Ho" and this week release will bring it down further.
However, it remains to be seen how "Gunday" opens on 14 February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists