Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Ready to Offload Striker in Cash plus Player Deal for Madrid Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 8:10 PM EST
Chelsea are willing to let go of striker Fernando Torres in a cash-plus-player deal involving Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa.
Chelsea are willing to offer Torres plus cash for Atletico's Diego Costa
Since his arrival, Jose Mourinho has failed to bring in a world-class frontman, except for the ageing Samuel Eto'o, to Stamford Bridge.
Acquiring a player who could lead the attack and score goals is number one in the west London club's agenda in the coming transfer window.
While the other attackers are also linked with Chelsea, reports in Spain reveal that the "Special One" wants Costa, after making a last-minute bid that failed to materialise.
Torres, whose career rose to prominence during his tenure at the Vicente Calderon, will be offered, coupled with £20million in exchange for the £35million-rated Brazilian.
Atletico might consider the proposal since they will be earning a pretty much decent sum, while clinging on the possibility that the former Los Rojiblancos skipper will be able to regain his old form.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million