Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Ready to Offload Striker in Cash plus Player Deal for Madrid Forward
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 8:10 PM EST
Chelsea are willing to let go of striker Fernando Torres in a cash-plus-player deal involving Atletico Madrid forward Diego Costa.
Chelsea are willing to offer Torres plus cash for Atletico's Diego Costa
Since his arrival, Jose Mourinho has failed to bring in a world-class frontman, except for the ageing Samuel Eto'o, to Stamford Bridge.
Acquiring a player who could lead the attack and score goals is number one in the west London club's agenda in the coming transfer window.
While the other attackers are also linked with Chelsea, reports in Spain reveal that the "Special One" wants Costa, after making a last-minute bid that failed to materialise.
Torres, whose career rose to prominence during his tenure at the Vicente Calderon, will be offered, coupled with £20million in exchange for the £35million-rated Brazilian.
Atletico might consider the proposal since they will be earning a pretty much decent sum, while clinging on the possibility that the former Los Rojiblancos skipper will be able to regain his old form.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage