Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch Slated for March 2nd Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 13, 2014 8:01 PM EST
The audio launch of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan", which was expected to happen on 28 February, has been pushed to the second week of March.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
According to entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai, "Kochadaiiyaan" audio release has been delayed as the film's trailer is getting ready. The film's music is composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman.
Sreedhar tweeted, "Kochadaiiyaan audio which was 2 b held on Feb 28 has been pushed to March second week as trailer is getting ready."
However, the epic drama has been confirmed to hit the screens on 11 April across the globe. The film, produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment, will have the biggest ever screen count for a Tamil release. "Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd, said in a press release.
"The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," he said.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is deemed as India's first 3D film that has used motion-capturing techniques. The film will have Rajinikanth appear in dual roles - as a father and as a son. The epic drama is directed by Rajini's younger daughter Soundarya, who marks her directorial debut.
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone will play the female lead, while the other cast members include Sarathkumar, Shobana, Nassar, Aadhi and Jackie Shroff.
"Kochadaiiyaan" was expected to hit the screens last year, but the film's release was delayed multiple times. Finally, the makers have announced its release date as 11 April, which will be a special Tamil New Year treat for fans.
The first look teaser of the film has already been released and has received mixed response from fans. The trailer of the Rajini starrer is expected to be released during the audio launch event. The function is expected to be a star-studded affair with the presence of Rajini and other film personalities.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged