Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch Slated for March 2nd Week
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 13, 2014 8:01 PM EST
The audio launch of Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiiyaan", which was expected to happen on 28 February, has been pushed to the second week of March.
Rajinikanth in a dual role in "Kochadaiiyaan" (Credit: Soundarya Ashwin/Twitter)
According to entertainment industry tracker Sreedhar Pillai, "Kochadaiiyaan" audio release has been delayed as the film's trailer is getting ready. The film's music is composed by Oscar winner AR Rahman.
Sreedhar tweeted, "Kochadaiiyaan audio which was 2 b held on Feb 28 has been pushed to March second week as trailer is getting ready."
However, the epic drama has been confirmed to hit the screens on 11 April across the globe. The film, produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment, will have the biggest ever screen count for a Tamil release. "Eros is proud to present this magnum opus with Rajinikanth, which will take the Indian film industry to the next level. We are confident that this will be a landmark film in world cinema as a result of the ground breaking technology used," Sunil Lulla, Managing Director, Eros International Media Ltd, said in a press release.
"The film will be released in Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Marathi, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Punjabi in India and overseas in more than 6,000 screens. We will be releasing an English version internationally as well," he said.
"Kochadaiiyaan" is deemed as India's first 3D film that has used motion-capturing techniques. The film will have Rajinikanth appear in dual roles - as a father and as a son. The epic drama is directed by Rajini's younger daughter Soundarya, who marks her directorial debut.
Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone will play the female lead, while the other cast members include Sarathkumar, Shobana, Nassar, Aadhi and Jackie Shroff.
"Kochadaiiyaan" was expected to hit the screens last year, but the film's release was delayed multiple times. Finally, the makers have announced its release date as 11 April, which will be a special Tamil New Year treat for fans.
The first look teaser of the film has already been released and has received mixed response from fans. The trailer of the Rajini starrer is expected to be released during the audio launch event. The function is expected to be a star-studded affair with the presence of Rajini and other film personalities.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch