NBA Preview: Brooklyn Nets vs. Chicago Bulls
By James Patrick Quizon | February 13, 2014 7:45 PM EST
Despite a depleted line-up because of injuries and trades, the Chicago Bulls are still proud of their blue-collar ways and have earned a trip back to respectability of late. With a match-up with the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday, the Bulls are hoping to bring some form of momentum before the NBA All-Star break.
NBA: Atlanta Hawks at Chicago Bulls
The match-up will feature two NBA All-Stars this year: center Joakim Noah for Chicago and guard Joe Johnson for Brooklyn.
Behind Noah, the Bulls are 2nd in the league lowest points allowed (92.7 OPPG) and eighth in rebounding (44.8 RPG). Johnson is the Nets top-scorer with an average of 15.3 points per game this season.
After losing twice to start February, Chicago (26-25) has won 3 of its last 4 games to return to the middle of pack in the lowly Eastern Conference. Brooklyn (24-26) is one and a half games behind the Bulls and has won 4 of its last 5 games.
The Bulls have won the lone meeting between the two teams this season. Chicago won 95-78 behind six players in double-figure scoring. Coming off the bench, Taj Gibson top-scored for the Bulls with 20 points and also had 8 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+4) vs. Chicago Bulls (O/U: 182.5)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 13-6 in their last 19 games
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 gamehinds on the road
- The Nets are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Bulls are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS win
- The Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]