Despite a depleted line-up because of injuries and trades, the Chicago Bulls are still proud of their blue-collar ways and have earned a trip back to respectability of late. With a match-up with the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday, the Bulls are hoping to bring some form of momentum before the NBA All-Star break.
The match-up will feature two NBA All-Stars this year: center Joakim Noah for Chicago and guard Joe Johnson for Brooklyn.
Behind Noah, the Bulls are 2nd in the league lowest points allowed (92.7 OPPG) and eighth in rebounding (44.8 RPG). Johnson is the Nets top-scorer with an average of 15.3 points per game this season.
After losing twice to start February, Chicago (26-25) has won 3 of its last 4 games to return to the middle of pack in the lowly Eastern Conference. Brooklyn (24-26) is one and a half games behind the Bulls and has won 4 of its last 5 games.
The Bulls have won the lone meeting between the two teams this season. Chicago won 95-78 behind six players in double-figure scoring. Coming off the bench, Taj Gibson top-scored for the Bulls with 20 points and also had 8 rebounds and 2 blocked shots.
Betting Lines: Brooklyn Nets (+4) vs. Chicago Bulls (O/U: 182.5)
Game time: 11:00 am AEDT
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Brooklyn Nets Trends
- The Nets are 13-6 in their last 19 games
- The Nets are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 gamehinds on the road
- The Nets are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
Chicago Bulls Trends
- The Bulls are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. East teams
- The Bulls are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after an ATS win
- The Bulls are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after a win
To contact the editor, e-mail: