IPL 7 Auction: Jayawardene Unsold Yet Again; Full List and Summary of First Set of Players Brought Back
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 7:44 PM EST
The first list of the players that were brought back into the IPL 7 auction, did not see some spectacular buying, with Mahela what-do-I-have-to-do-to-find-a-buyer Jayawardene, yet again, going unsold.
Below is a list and summary of the players that were brought back and how the auction took shape.
Mahela Jayawardene: He was brought back at the request of the franchises, but still the Sri Lankan great could not find a buyer, with no bids coming in.
Ross Taylor: The New Zealand tyro was also overlooked on day one, but Delhi Daredevils, needing a solid batsman in the middle of the order, bought the I-can-still-smash-it-for-fun veteran for the base price of Rs 2 crore.
Naman Ojha: This phase is about the need for the franchises now, and plugging in that gap, with the Sunrisers buying the wicketkeeper/batsman at the base price of Rs 50 lakh.
S Badrinath: The former CSK stalwart could still not entice a bid from any of the eight IPL teams, with the base price of Rs 1 crore perhaps proving to be too much at a stage when money is more precious than drinking water.
Darren Bravo: At 50 lakh Bravo might have been a decent punt for a team needing a solid top order batsman, but the elegant West Indian left-hander remained unsold.
Martin Guptill: The New Zealander was also passed by the IPL teams.
Marlon Samuels: Another West Indian who was not bought at the second time of asking - the base price of Rs 2 crore again working against him.
Cameron White: A team needing am experienced player who is captaincy material could have gone in for the Australian - but the adamant, "we have what we need" tone remained, leaving White free during the IPL season.
Tim Paine: The Australian wicketkeeper/batsman was never really going to be bid for, even at a rather makeable base price of Rs 50 lakh, and that proved to be the case with the player remaining unsold.
Luke Ronchi: Another wicketkeeper/batsman who could not induce a raise of the paddle from any of the teams.
Farhaan Behardien and Henry Davids: Not too surprisingly no bids were forthcoming for the South Africa duo.
Chris Lynn: The Australian has been tearing bowlers apart in the T20 format, and the Rajasthan Royals and KKR went gung-ho for the batsman, with Kolkata coming up trumps at Rs 1.3 crore.
Abhinav Mukund: The former India opener could not tempt a bid at the second time of asking either.
Ben Rohrer, Adam Voges, Travis Birt and Ben Dunk: The four Australians, brought back into the auction, were overlooked yet again.
Debabrata Das: The former KKR man was surprisingly passed on at the auction at the beginning of Day two, and despite KKR only having one wicketkeeper in their squad, the Kolkata side decided not to make a bid for the player.
Davey Jacobs: The South African wicketkeeper/batsman also went unsold. Despite having a rather miserly base price of Rs 10 lakh.
Yogesh Takawale: The keeper went unsold.
Arun Karthik, Hanuma Vihari, a regular with the Sunrisers Hyderabad last season, and Siddhesh Lad also went unsold, while Evin Lewis and Rilee Rossouw also did not receive any bids
AV Wankhade: Mumbai Indians made the opening and closing bid at Rs 10 lakh.
Kona Srikar Bharat did not receive any bids, while Ricky Bhui was picked up by the Sunrisers for the base price of Rs 10 lakh.
Paul Valthaty, who has scored a hundred in the IPL, Vishant More, Nataraj Behera, Prashant Chopra were unsold, while Tanmay Mishra was bagged by RCB at Rs 10 lakh.
Namesake Tanmay Srivastava, though, could not find a buyer, with Craig Simmons, Cameron Delport, Reeza Hendricks and Ganesh Sathish going the same way.
Milind Kumar went to the Delhi Daredevils for Rs 10 lakh, with the final player of the lot - Nikhil Naik - not getting any bids.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge