Sensex Falls More than 150 Points; Cipla, Coal India Down after Earnings
February 13, 2014 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.8 percent, while the broader Nifty is down 0.9 percent.
A road sign next to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai
Shares of Cipla (CIPL.NS) fall 6.4 percent after the company's December-quarter profit dropped by 16.5 percent to 2.84 billion rupees, lagging some analysts' estimates.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 2.12 billion rupees on Wednesday, snapping their nine-day selling streak in the secondary share market, exchange data showed.
Cipla shares were trading down nearly 6 percent at 12.05 p.m.
Company's operational margins for December-quarter at 18.1 percent were lowest in nearly 11 quarters, weighed down by higher research and development expenditure and staff costs, analysts say.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine