Sensex Falls More than 150 Points; Cipla, Coal India Down after Earnings
February 13, 2014 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.8 percent, while the broader Nifty is down 0.9 percent.
A road sign next to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai
Shares of Cipla (CIPL.NS) fall 6.4 percent after the company's December-quarter profit dropped by 16.5 percent to 2.84 billion rupees, lagging some analysts' estimates.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 2.12 billion rupees on Wednesday, snapping their nine-day selling streak in the secondary share market, exchange data showed.
Cipla shares were trading down nearly 6 percent at 12.05 p.m.
Company's operational margins for December-quarter at 18.1 percent were lowest in nearly 11 quarters, weighed down by higher research and development expenditure and staff costs, analysts say.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks