Sensex Falls More than 150 Points; Cipla, Coal India Down after Earnings
February 13, 2014 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.8 percent, while the broader Nifty is down 0.9 percent.
A road sign next to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai
Shares of Cipla (CIPL.NS) fall 6.4 percent after the company's December-quarter profit dropped by 16.5 percent to 2.84 billion rupees, lagging some analysts' estimates.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 2.12 billion rupees on Wednesday, snapping their nine-day selling streak in the secondary share market, exchange data showed.
Cipla shares were trading down nearly 6 percent at 12.05 p.m.
Company's operational margins for December-quarter at 18.1 percent were lowest in nearly 11 quarters, weighed down by higher research and development expenditure and staff costs, analysts say.
Join the Conversation
- Air Canada Expands Vancouver Boeing 787 Dreamliners To Beijing, Seoul, Shanghai, Tokyo-Narita Routes
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports