Sensex Falls More than 150 Points; Cipla, Coal India Down after Earnings
February 13, 2014 7:38 PM EST
The BSE Sensex falls 0.8 percent, while the broader Nifty is down 0.9 percent.
A road sign next to Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai
Shares of Cipla (CIPL.NS) fall 6.4 percent after the company's December-quarter profit dropped by 16.5 percent to 2.84 billion rupees, lagging some analysts' estimates.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 2.12 billion rupees on Wednesday, snapping their nine-day selling streak in the secondary share market, exchange data showed.
Cipla shares were trading down nearly 6 percent at 12.05 p.m.
Company's operational margins for December-quarter at 18.1 percent were lowest in nearly 11 quarters, weighed down by higher research and development expenditure and staff costs, analysts say.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide