Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Confirms Gunners can still Land German Starlet next Window
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirmed that Arsenal target Julian Draxler can still be acquired in the next transfer window.
The German boss' hands are tied since the Gunners may activate the 20-year-old's £37million release clause this coming summer.
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirms that Julian Draxler is still up for grabs this coming summer
"I am delighted that we have him on board for the second half of the season but, because of his clause, he can leave when a club puts the money on the table," Keller told The Mirror.
"That's why I can't plan with him, because it is just not in my or our hands. When you have to replace a player like Julian, you had better be prepared."
But, Keller pointed out that it is important that Draxler must still perform to his optimum while he is still with Schalke, in spite of all the interests shown toward him.
"It's clear that all the talk about his 45.5 million euro release clause and the interest from top European clubs leaves its mark on such a young lad," he told German news agency Sport Bild.
"The hype around him last summer was huge. He must learn to cope with that, and also that failing to perform at less than 100 percent is not good enough for him."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match