Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Confirms Gunners can still Land German Starlet next Window
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirmed that Arsenal target Julian Draxler can still be acquired in the next transfer window.
The German boss' hands are tied since the Gunners may activate the 20-year-old's £37million release clause this coming summer.
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirms that Julian Draxler is still up for grabs this coming summer
"I am delighted that we have him on board for the second half of the season but, because of his clause, he can leave when a club puts the money on the table," Keller told The Mirror.
"That's why I can't plan with him, because it is just not in my or our hands. When you have to replace a player like Julian, you had better be prepared."
But, Keller pointed out that it is important that Draxler must still perform to his optimum while he is still with Schalke, in spite of all the interests shown toward him.
"It's clear that all the talk about his 45.5 million euro release clause and the interest from top European clubs leaves its mark on such a young lad," he told German news agency Sport Bild.
"The hype around him last summer was huge. He must learn to cope with that, and also that failing to perform at less than 100 percent is not good enough for him."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar