Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Confirms Gunners can still Land German Starlet next Window
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 7:19 PM EST
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirmed that Arsenal target Julian Draxler can still be acquired in the next transfer window.
The German boss' hands are tied since the Gunners may activate the 20-year-old's £37million release clause this coming summer.
Schalke manager Jens Keller confirms that Julian Draxler is still up for grabs this coming summer
"I am delighted that we have him on board for the second half of the season but, because of his clause, he can leave when a club puts the money on the table," Keller told The Mirror.
"That's why I can't plan with him, because it is just not in my or our hands. When you have to replace a player like Julian, you had better be prepared."
But, Keller pointed out that it is important that Draxler must still perform to his optimum while he is still with Schalke, in spite of all the interests shown toward him.
"It's clear that all the talk about his 45.5 million euro release clause and the interest from top European clubs leaves its mark on such a young lad," he told German news agency Sport Bild.
"The hype around him last summer was huge. He must learn to cope with that, and also that failing to perform at less than 100 percent is not good enough for him."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time