Sony Xperia SP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Review: New Camera Modes Timeshift Burst, Motion Shot And Motiongraph
By Ryan Inoyori | February 13, 2014 7:08 PM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has delivered an updated camera app allowing users to download several camera modes on top Superior Auto, Manual, Picture Effect and Sweep Panorama. Find out what Timeshift Burst, Motion Shot and Motiongraph do on Xperia SP.
Previously exclusive on Xperia Z1, this has been ported to several other Xperia devices running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Timeshift Burst allows the user to find the best photo from burst images take before and after the shot.
In Xperia SP new camera app, Timeshift Burst only allows geotagging and zooming functionality with the capability of reviewing the set of burst shots if you use back instead of the check key so you can select which you really want.
Another former exclusive on Xperia Z1 lets the user to express moving objects in a single image or animation. You can change the resolution from QVGA 320 x 240 to HD 1280 x 720 then let the camera record up to 8 seconds before editing the result. Certain effects are available at the left side of the camera but two of them are paid in-app features called animation effect to create GIF files.
Motiongraph camera mode allows the camera app to create a cinematic photo by animating part of a captured image. Users can change the scene to landscape, night, beach and more, change white balance manually, enable photo light or flash, modify focus mode to touch focus, infinity or auto before shooting.
After the camera shoots for 2 seconds and analyzing the file, you can now edit using your fingers, erase movement pattern, change movement pattern flow or change speed of cinematic. Motiongraph can be used to any image capture regardless if any movement has occured or not.
Default Camera Modes
Xperia SP still retains Superior Auto and manual mode on the camera app with additional shooting options such as sweep panorama and creative effect.
1. Superior Auto - Let the camera decide configuration automatically. You can only modify the flash on this mode.
2. Manual - Configure every single options all by yourself from scenes, white balance, flash, resolution, HDR, image stabiliser and ISO.
3. Picture Effect - Add artistic effect on your images by selecting from nine different options such as nostalgic, vivid, sketch and kaleidoscope. You zoom and change white balance in this mode.
4. Sweep Panorama - Press the camera key then move from left to right to capture panoramic size image. You can only zoom in this mode.
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Xperia SP brings more than just camera modes and expect to be almost the same with Xperia T and V upcoming update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones