Gabrielle Union Wants a Prenup Before Tying the Knot with Dwyane Wade
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 13, 2014 6:50 PM EST
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade are on their way to getting married, but just in case things didn't work out, the American actress wants to make sure she is protected financially. She wants a prenup agreement from the Miami Heat star player.
Gabrielle Union, 39, is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role as the lead cheerleader opposite Kirsten Dunst in "Bring It On." Union and D-Wade were featured on the February 2012 cover of Essence magazine. The pair has been together for three years. Wade was previously married to Siovaughn Funches and has two sons, Zaire, 9, and Zion, 3, from the marriage. Union was married to NFL star Chris Howard from 2001 to 2006.
Union made an appearance on "The Arsenio Hall" show on Monday where she talked about how she is being vigilant about entering into marriage.
"For this marriage, the biggest difference between this and the last marriage will be a prenup, at my insistence, at my insistence," Union told the talk show host.
"When you have your own stuff, you don't need to worry about anyone else's stuff."
"So everyone should go into the relationship knowing, 'I'm here for you and you're here for me.'"
Union went on and said that she has never seen Wade balance a checkbook, so she just want to make sure that all her stuff are protected. Isn't balancing a checkbook one of life's fundamental skills?
"It's the wave of the future," she added.
Union has a point there. Nowadays, the rate of people going into divorce is really climbing sharply. When people get married, all the assets become up for grabs as soon as they get divorced. For wealthy celebrities like Union and Wade, they could lose as much as half of their investments in a jiffy, that is if the two of them get separated. A prenup may be the best interest both for Union and Wade.
Union is divorced. She was previously married to National Football League (NFL) player Chris Howard. They wed in 2001 and separated in 2005. Their divorce was officially granted in 2006. Three years later, Union started dating Wade, and they announced their engagement in December 2013.
The truth is that marriage is a lawful bond. Once you say "I do," you are giving your other half access to all your savings and investments. A person can enter into a marriage and walk away as millionaire.
What do you think of Union's prenup demand from Wade? Maybe Wade also need a prenup agreement as much as Union.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’