Gabrielle Union Wants a Prenup Before Tying the Knot with Dwyane Wade
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 13, 2014 6:50 PM EST
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade are on their way to getting married, but just in case things didn't work out, the American actress wants to make sure she is protected financially. She wants a prenup agreement from the Miami Heat star player.
Gabrielle Union, 39, is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role as the lead cheerleader opposite Kirsten Dunst in "Bring It On." Union and D-Wade were featured on the February 2012 cover of Essence magazine. The pair has been together for three years. Wade was previously married to Siovaughn Funches and has two sons, Zaire, 9, and Zion, 3, from the marriage. Union was married to NFL star Chris Howard from 2001 to 2006.
Union made an appearance on "The Arsenio Hall" show on Monday where she talked about how she is being vigilant about entering into marriage.
"For this marriage, the biggest difference between this and the last marriage will be a prenup, at my insistence, at my insistence," Union told the talk show host.
"When you have your own stuff, you don't need to worry about anyone else's stuff."
"So everyone should go into the relationship knowing, 'I'm here for you and you're here for me.'"
Union went on and said that she has never seen Wade balance a checkbook, so she just want to make sure that all her stuff are protected. Isn't balancing a checkbook one of life's fundamental skills?
"It's the wave of the future," she added.
Union has a point there. Nowadays, the rate of people going into divorce is really climbing sharply. When people get married, all the assets become up for grabs as soon as they get divorced. For wealthy celebrities like Union and Wade, they could lose as much as half of their investments in a jiffy, that is if the two of them get separated. A prenup may be the best interest both for Union and Wade.
Union is divorced. She was previously married to National Football League (NFL) player Chris Howard. They wed in 2001 and separated in 2005. Their divorce was officially granted in 2006. Three years later, Union started dating Wade, and they announced their engagement in December 2013.
The truth is that marriage is a lawful bond. Once you say "I do," you are giving your other half access to all your savings and investments. A person can enter into a marriage and walk away as millionaire.
What do you think of Union's prenup demand from Wade? Maybe Wade also need a prenup agreement as much as Union.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide