Gabrielle Union Wants a Prenup Before Tying the Knot with Dwyane Wade
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 13, 2014 6:50 PM EST
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade are on their way to getting married, but just in case things didn't work out, the American actress wants to make sure she is protected financially. She wants a prenup agreement from the Miami Heat star player.
Gabrielle Union, 39, is an American actress and model. She is best known for her role as the lead cheerleader opposite Kirsten Dunst in "Bring It On." Union and D-Wade were featured on the February 2012 cover of Essence magazine. The pair has been together for three years. Wade was previously married to Siovaughn Funches and has two sons, Zaire, 9, and Zion, 3, from the marriage. Union was married to NFL star Chris Howard from 2001 to 2006.
Union made an appearance on "The Arsenio Hall" show on Monday where she talked about how she is being vigilant about entering into marriage.
"For this marriage, the biggest difference between this and the last marriage will be a prenup, at my insistence, at my insistence," Union told the talk show host.
"When you have your own stuff, you don't need to worry about anyone else's stuff."
"So everyone should go into the relationship knowing, 'I'm here for you and you're here for me.'"
Union went on and said that she has never seen Wade balance a checkbook, so she just want to make sure that all her stuff are protected. Isn't balancing a checkbook one of life's fundamental skills?
"It's the wave of the future," she added.
Union has a point there. Nowadays, the rate of people going into divorce is really climbing sharply. When people get married, all the assets become up for grabs as soon as they get divorced. For wealthy celebrities like Union and Wade, they could lose as much as half of their investments in a jiffy, that is if the two of them get separated. A prenup may be the best interest both for Union and Wade.
Union is divorced. She was previously married to National Football League (NFL) player Chris Howard. They wed in 2001 and separated in 2005. Their divorce was officially granted in 2006. Three years later, Union started dating Wade, and they announced their engagement in December 2013.
The truth is that marriage is a lawful bond. Once you say "I do," you are giving your other half access to all your savings and investments. A person can enter into a marriage and walk away as millionaire.
What do you think of Union's prenup demand from Wade? Maybe Wade also need a prenup agreement as much as Union.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Arsenal FC: Zlatan Or Ronaldo? Wenger Reveals His Biggest 'Missed Signing' Regret
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional