Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Defender on Top of Barcelona’s List for Summer Move
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 13, 2014 5:43 PM EST
Chelsea defender David Luiz is still wanted by FC Barcelona, and the La Liga giants are brewing up a plan to bring the Brazilian to Camp Nou this coming summer.
David Luiz (right) is on top of Barca's list for summer move
Barca boss Gerardo Martino is looking for a top-quality centre-back that could pair up with Gerard Pique in the heart of the defensive line in lieu of skipper Carles Puyol, while possessing the versatility to adapt and play within the tiki-taka system.
It can be recalled that the Catalans were rumoured to have approached the west London outfit last summer to inquire about the 28-year-old's availability, but Jose Mourinho's decision of not making any drastic changes to the squad he came upon prevented any further talks.
Barcelona is said to be equating Luiz's value to be at £22million, but they might have to offer more for discussions to commence.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe