Samsung Galaxy S5 Comes With Galaxy S4-like Dimensions On Release Date - Report
By Karla Danica Figuerres | February 13, 2014 5:41 PM EST
The Mobile World Congress 2014 is less than two weeks away. Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors continue to flood the Internet with new rumors giving a potential glimpse at the packaging, interface and design of the much anticipated next flagship smartphone.
Galaxy S5 image comes from Sonny Dickson, who has been fairly accurate with his leaks when it comes to Apple devices. This image offers a couple of interesting details about Galaxy S5 and we should find out whether this image is true pretty soon.
As the image depicts, the overall design of Galaxy S5 is not very different from Galaxy S4 or even Galaxy S3 before that. This render reveals a dimension of 5.57-inch x 2.85-inch x 0.32-inch or 141.7 mm x 72.5 mm x 8.2 mm, which is a little bit larger than Galaxy S4's 5.38-inch x 2.75-inch x 0.31-inch or 136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm. With these dimensions, it fits the rumors suggesting a larger display, which requires minor scaling up in overall size.
Remarkably, the rear camera of Galaxy S5 appears to bump out a bit more than what we have seen in the past models of Samsung flagships. It has been reported to be 16 MP sensor camera with double-wide flash or dual-flash, which is similar to iPhone 5s.
The images leaked do not clearly show whether Galaxy S5 will come with a fingerprint sensor like Apple flagship.
According to Samsung Executive Vice Pres. Lee Young Hee via Bloomberg, "For the S5, we will go back to the basics. Mostly, it's about the display and the feel of the cover," talking about the design of Galaxy S5.
The leaked image appears to show a larger display. But it is still unclear if Galaxy S5 has received a full metal chassis makeover. It wouldn't be a surprise to see this image to come out as the real Galaxy S5 at the Mobile World Congress 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy