IPL 7 Auction: Sunrisers Bag Karan Sharma For Big Money as Uncapped Players Keep Franchises on Their Toes
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 5:32 PM EST
Karan Sharma will be smiling all the way to the bank after going for a Rs 3.75 crore - the highest price of the auction so far - to the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The IPL 7 auction, day 2, expectedly saw some seriously aggressive bidding for the uncapped players, with the likes of Dhawal Kulkarni, Shahbaz Nadeem and Ishwar Pandey also making some seriously considerable money.
Dhawal Kulkarni: Delhi Daredevils and the Rajasthan Royals bid long and hard for the pace bowler, with the Royals bagging the former Mumbai Indians man for Rs 1.1 crore.
Rahul Shukla: Delhi Daredevils vs RCB, goes to the Daredevils for Rs 40 lakh, with the Rajasthan Royals choosing not to bring out the Right to Match card.
Anureet Singh: Almost went unsold, before Kings XI made the lone bid for Rs 20 lakh.
Jasprit Bumrah: The Mumbai Indians make the bids to try and bring back their player, but the Delhi Daredevils held firm for the pacer, with the bid going from a base price of Rs 20 lakh all the way to Rs 1.2 crore with the Rajasthan Royals also coming in towards the end. MI, however, stayed firm and retained the talented bowler.
Sandeep Sharma: Delhi Daredevils vs Kings XI Punjab - Rs 30 lakh to Rs 85 lakh - Preity Zinta left smiling in the end.
Harmeet Singh: No bidders for the bowler, despite Madley's persuasive powers.
P Parameswaran: The Kerala bowler almost went unsold at a base price of Rs 30 lakh, before the Sunrisers Hyderabad bagged the player at the least possible price. RCB declined the chance to match the bid.
Abu Nechim Ahmed: RCB the only ones to bid, with the player going to Bangalore for Rs 30 lakh.
Siddharth Kaul: RCB and Delhi Daredevils fight it out with the bowler going to the Daredevils for Rs 45 lakh.
Ishwar Pandey: CSK vs MI initially, before SRH come into the party, to take the bidding to Rs 1.5 crore, with the player going to the Chennai Super Kings.
Kuldeep Singh Yadav: The chinaman bowler was bid for by both the Mumbai Indians and CSK, with KKR also coming in after a while and getting their man at Rs 40 lakh.
Yuzvendra Chahal: RCB bagged the player for the base price of Rs 10 lakh.
Sarabjit Ladda and Bhargav Bhatt had no takers.
Shadab Jakati: The former CSK off-spinner went to RCB, who were the only bidders at Rs 20 lakh.
Pravin Tambe: The leg-spinner who made such a big impact for the Rajasthan Royals only had one bid coming forth from Kings XI Punjab for the base price of Rs 10 lakh. The Royals, though, predictably used their Right to Match card to retain the veteran spinner.
Shahbaz Nadeem: CSK vs Sunrisers, the Hyderabad side win the bid at Rs 85 lakh, but the Delhi Daredevils bring out the joker to take back their former player.
Ali Murtaza: Unsold
Shreyas Gopal: Mumbai Indians the only bidders at Rs 10 lakh.
Pawan Negi: Bids coming in by the ones, with CSK making the lone offer for the spinner at Rs 10 lakh.
Karan Sharma: The leg-spinner was quite effective for the Sunrisers Hyderabad last season, and CSK and Delhi Daredevils started the bidding process, with the price going from Rs 30 lakh to Rs 70 lakh, before the Kings XI and the Sunrisers also joined in the fun.
The bidding went crazy with the price going all the way to a massive Rs 3.75 crore with the Sunrisers keeping their player.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2