Jared Padalecki: 'Supernatural' Actor Express Support for Upcoming Spin-Off Series, Tease About The Winchester Brothers’ Conflict in Season 9
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 13, 2014 4:49 PM EST
"Supernatural" actor Jared Padalecki, who portrays hunter character Sam Winchester, expressed his support for the upcoming CW spin-off series that will be launched in Season 9, Episode 20. Additionally, Mr Padalecki teased the fans on the effects of the conflict between Sam and Dean Winchester (Jensen Ackles).
Though the new show will not star Jared Padalecki or his co-star Jensen Ackles, Mr Padalecki still finds the upcoming Chicago-based spin-off series great and awesome. "I think it's great. Episode 20 [of Supernatural] is going to be the launch of [the] new show, and I think it's awesome. We've seen other shows on our network be able to have successful spin-offs. I think it's a cool story to tell," the 31-year-old actor stated in the TV Line report.
The "Supernatural" star further described the spin-off shows as a reward to their devoted fans. Jared further added: "Supernatural fans have spoken and said listen, there aren't 100 million of us, but those of us that do watch the show are passionate and want to hear more stories and read fan fiction and be a part of this world. So I think it's great. Anything that makes them happy. It doesn't put any money in my pocket, but I think it's cool."
For the remaining episodes of "Supernatural" Season 9, Jared Padalecki teased that the conflict between the Winchester brothers will continue and it could take some time before they patch things up. The actor even predicted that it will take "something big to bridge the gulf between them."
"They're handling it as you expect them to. Sam kind of goes introverted and Dean goes forward. Sam is more the kind of guy that thinks something out and says, 'Well, you know, this is where you messed up [and] this is why I'm upset.'... It's nice dichotomy to catch on camera and, hopefully, Jensen [Ackles] and I get a chance to do a good job with it," Mr Padalecki explained.
Furthermore, Jared Padalecki revealed that his character will still be dealing with Gadreel's leftover grace inside him. "It's more emotional than literal and physical, but he certainly is still feeling the bruises," the actor hinted.
"Supernatural" Season 9 returns with Episode 14 titled "Captives." The brand new episode is scheduled to air on Tuesday night, February 25, at 9/8c on the CW network.
More Articles to Read:
'Supernatural' Spin-Off Series: Details on 'Supernatural: Tribes' Leaked, Meet the Characters - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9, Episode 13 'The Purge' Recap/Spoilers: Weight Loss Procedure Gone Bad in Canyon Valley Wellness Spa - [READ]
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Sam and Dean Winchester Make Fun of Each Other at Canyon Valley Wellness Spa, Watch Promo Video for Episode 13 'The Purge' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales