IPL 7 Auction: Uncapped Players Continue to Make Big Bucks with Rishi Dhawan the Biggest Beneficiary
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 4:44 PM EST
The all-rounders were always going to be a we-want-them bunch at the IPL 7 auction day 2, but even Rishi Dhawan, himself, would not have envisaged being the most expensive buy of the day so far, by some distance.
Dhawan was wanted by the majority of the IPL franchises, with the we-are-building-a-scary-good-team Kings XI Punjab getting the former Mumbai Indians player for Rs 3 crore.
Uncapped players: All-rounders:
Yogesh Nagar: Unsold.
Rajat Bhatia: The utility man was a wanted man with KKR, Delhi Daredevils - two former teams - and Rajasthan Royals fighting it out, with Bhatia eventually going to the Royals for Rs 1.7 crore.
Ashok Menaria: Unsold, no bids were forthcoming from his former team the Royals.
Mandeep Singh: It looked like he might go unsold, only for RCB to make a late bid, before CSK and Mumbai Indians charged in with the Sunrisers then raising that paddle. CSK and SRH went at it for a while, before the latter won the bid at Rs 80 lakh. Kings XI decided to match the bid, meaning Mandeep would remain with the Punjab franchise for next season at least.
Rishi Dhawan: The Sunrisers Hyderabad have made a few astute buys already, and SRH, after seeing off competition from Mumbai Indians and Delhi Daredevils, went into battle with the other team that did so well on the first day -Kings XI Punjab - with the latter eventually prevailing. But then, this bidding process is never that simple, with the Rajasthan Royals, another one of those teams that love a bargain, raising the paddle, and almost clinching the deal, only for the Kings XI and Preity Zinta to stay stubborn and win the bid at are-you-sure-you-want-to-pay-so-much Rs 3 crore.
Parvez Rasool: RCB came in with an opening bid, but it escalated from there with the Delhi Daredevils and the Sunrisers Hyderabad taking it to near Rs 1 crore. The Sunrisers Hyderabad won that particular battle at Rs 95 lakh.
Kevon Cooper: The Rajasthan Royals were the only bidders, expectedly taking the West Indian back at a not-so-bad-price of Rs 30 lakh.
Ryan Ten Doeschate: Richard Madley banged that hammer saying the associate nation player, who have been tagged under the uncapped set, was unsold, only for KKR to make the latest of bids at the base price of Rs 1 crore.
Mithun Manhas: CSK were the only bidders, and Manhas is a Chennai player at Rs 30 lakh.
Kevin O'Brien: There were no takers for the Irishman, who not so long ago scored a blistering hundred against England in the 2011 World Cup.
Iqbal Abdulla: Delhi Daredevils vs CSK vs Rajasthan Royals - Rahul Dravid won that battle at Rs 65 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’