'Titanfall' Beta Starts Valentine’s Day, New Trailer for Beta Run; 'Titanfall' Controls List Leaked
By Gel Galang | February 13, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Valentine's Day for gamers will be very sweet, if only because this is the start for the beta access for "Titanfall."
Now that EA has confirmed the schedule for the beta access---the end will be on Feb 17---gamers are clamoring to get into the beta, which has been opened for sign-ups already.
*There's a lot more coming for the PS4, especially with 100 games slated for release this year alone: Read the details here as well as other PS4 news.
Over at the official Web site for the "TItanfall" beta access, what gamers need would be a subscription to the "Titanfall" newsletter, registration to the beta and an Origin account (for PC users). Obviously, given the limited slots for beta access, completing all the requirements does not guarantee access to the beta.
According to VG 24/7, the game will feature three modes: Attrition, where it's basically a death match between teams; Last Titan Standing where each player will have a Titan; and Hardpoint Domination, which basically has a capture-and-hold approach towards fighting.
A new trailer has already been released as a teaser for the beta run, which you can catch below:
What Makes 'Titanfall' Unique as an FPS Shooter
To give a glimpse of what players can expect when they do get in the beta access, Polygon has a few more details and comments of what the game brings.
As a Pilot in the game, players have unique capabilities, like invisibility, super speed and fighting abilities to be at par with the AI-controlled Grunts. After a while, players get to pilot a titan, which is strategic since there will be more AI units that will be harder to take down.
*The good news is that "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC is definitely in the works. The bad news is that because of this, there may not be any bug fixes for the game: Read the full story here.
The cool feature to the end of the game is that the losing team will be given a chance to redeem themselves by escaping and earning points, but it depends on the mercy of the wining team who can choose to be selfish and destroy the means of escape or just eliminate the survivors.
According to the report, Last Titan Standing is a multiplayer mode that gamers can look forward to in the beta, and here the goal will be self-preservation of a player's titan through the use of tactics and strategies.
Start Studying Up on the Controls List for 'Titanfall'
There's also a new bit of leak that puts the Xbox One controller in focus for "Titanfall." Those who want more of "Titanfall" can start with the leaked controls list for the game.
*All gamers need to know about "The Order: 1886" right here: Read the full story here.
TitanfallCompetitive has gotten its hands on how to play the game even before it's released. In the link, gamers can see the snapshot of what the controls do in the game, so if they're the type who wants to avoid fumbling with the buttons while playing the game, this is a pretty good study guide.
First off, there are two sets of controls, one for the pilot and another for the titan. There are a number of similarities for the two versions, like the buttons for Switching or Picking up Weapons, for Crouching, for Lock/Melee and for firing weapons, so it may not be that hard to remember these when players are already faced with the tension of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga