'Titanfall' Beta Starts Valentine’s Day, New Trailer for Beta Run; 'Titanfall' Controls List Leaked
By Gel Galang | February 13, 2014 4:33 PM EST
Valentine's Day for gamers will be very sweet, if only because this is the start for the beta access for "Titanfall."
Now that EA has confirmed the schedule for the beta access---the end will be on Feb 17---gamers are clamoring to get into the beta, which has been opened for sign-ups already.
*There's a lot more coming for the PS4, especially with 100 games slated for release this year alone: Read the details here as well as other PS4 news.
Over at the official Web site for the "TItanfall" beta access, what gamers need would be a subscription to the "Titanfall" newsletter, registration to the beta and an Origin account (for PC users). Obviously, given the limited slots for beta access, completing all the requirements does not guarantee access to the beta.
According to VG 24/7, the game will feature three modes: Attrition, where it's basically a death match between teams; Last Titan Standing where each player will have a Titan; and Hardpoint Domination, which basically has a capture-and-hold approach towards fighting.
A new trailer has already been released as a teaser for the beta run, which you can catch below:
What Makes 'Titanfall' Unique as an FPS Shooter
To give a glimpse of what players can expect when they do get in the beta access, Polygon has a few more details and comments of what the game brings.
As a Pilot in the game, players have unique capabilities, like invisibility, super speed and fighting abilities to be at par with the AI-controlled Grunts. After a while, players get to pilot a titan, which is strategic since there will be more AI units that will be harder to take down.
*The good news is that "Batman: Arkham Origins" DLC is definitely in the works. The bad news is that because of this, there may not be any bug fixes for the game: Read the full story here.
The cool feature to the end of the game is that the losing team will be given a chance to redeem themselves by escaping and earning points, but it depends on the mercy of the wining team who can choose to be selfish and destroy the means of escape or just eliminate the survivors.
According to the report, Last Titan Standing is a multiplayer mode that gamers can look forward to in the beta, and here the goal will be self-preservation of a player's titan through the use of tactics and strategies.
Start Studying Up on the Controls List for 'Titanfall'
There's also a new bit of leak that puts the Xbox One controller in focus for "Titanfall." Those who want more of "Titanfall" can start with the leaked controls list for the game.
*All gamers need to know about "The Order: 1886" right here: Read the full story here.
TitanfallCompetitive has gotten its hands on how to play the game even before it's released. In the link, gamers can see the snapshot of what the controls do in the game, so if they're the type who wants to avoid fumbling with the buttons while playing the game, this is a pretty good study guide.
First off, there are two sets of controls, one for the pilot and another for the titan. There are a number of similarities for the two versions, like the buttons for Switching or Picking up Weapons, for Crouching, for Lock/Melee and for firing weapons, so it may not be that hard to remember these when players are already faced with the tension of the game.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28