Julia Roberts' Half Sister Calls Her a 'B*tch' Before Suicide: Will the Death Hurt Roberts' Chance at the Oscars?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 13, 2014 4:10 PM EST
Nancy Motes, the half sister of multi-awarded actress Julia Roberts, died in an apparent drug overdose in which her family members described as a suicide. The not-so-famous half sister of the "Pretty Woman" actor left an eight-page suicide letter, a lengthy note that described the ordeal she had to endure under the hands of her more famous half sister, Julia Roberts.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
According to Daily Mail, Nancy Motes wrote the suicide letter to detail the deepest and darkest secrets of the "Pretty Woman" actress to the world. John Dilbeck, Nancy's fiance, found the lifeless body in the bath on Sunday, also the same day Julia Roberts was believed to be at the Oscar nominees lunch where she is vying to be the Best Supporting Actress for the movie, "August: Osage County."
Conner Dilbeck, the brother of Motes' fiancé, revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail that "We are talking about people who are powerful...people who have very delicate power, people who are in the limelight. Their power can be destroyed very easily if unfortunate things make them look more wicked." Many believe this statement referred to Motes attempt to sabotage her half sister in the latter's bid for an Oscar.
Prior to the suicide, Motes posted a series of angry tweets directed to her more famous half sister. In one tweet, the now departed Motes wrote: "Hey Hag! Glad you f****ed with me yet? You're going to LOVE what's coming! FYI-You're an awful, hate filled old pathetic excuse for a human." and another one hate-filled tweet, "Just so you all know "America's Sweetheart" is a B****!!"
Motes had allegedly suffered under Julia's maltreatment--which often included topics about her weight. According to reports, Julia had always made Motes feel inadequate and ugly, whereas the former would always say stinging remarks about Motes' weight issues.
Motes had recently been cut off from her biological mother, which Julia Roberts also shares, because of her incessant drug use. It is said that Motes could not take the shadow of her famous siblings. Prescription drugs and heroin were found near the bath tub where Motes' lifeless body lay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1