Julia Roberts' Half Sister Calls Her a 'B*tch' Before Suicide: Will the Death Hurt Roberts' Chance at the Oscars?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 13, 2014 4:10 PM EST
Nancy Motes, the half sister of multi-awarded actress Julia Roberts, died in an apparent drug overdose in which her family members described as a suicide. The not-so-famous half sister of the "Pretty Woman" actor left an eight-page suicide letter, a lengthy note that described the ordeal she had to endure under the hands of her more famous half sister, Julia Roberts.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
According to Daily Mail, Nancy Motes wrote the suicide letter to detail the deepest and darkest secrets of the "Pretty Woman" actress to the world. John Dilbeck, Nancy's fiance, found the lifeless body in the bath on Sunday, also the same day Julia Roberts was believed to be at the Oscar nominees lunch where she is vying to be the Best Supporting Actress for the movie, "August: Osage County."
Conner Dilbeck, the brother of Motes' fiancé, revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail that "We are talking about people who are powerful...people who have very delicate power, people who are in the limelight. Their power can be destroyed very easily if unfortunate things make them look more wicked." Many believe this statement referred to Motes attempt to sabotage her half sister in the latter's bid for an Oscar.
Prior to the suicide, Motes posted a series of angry tweets directed to her more famous half sister. In one tweet, the now departed Motes wrote: "Hey Hag! Glad you f****ed with me yet? You're going to LOVE what's coming! FYI-You're an awful, hate filled old pathetic excuse for a human." and another one hate-filled tweet, "Just so you all know "America's Sweetheart" is a B****!!"
Motes had allegedly suffered under Julia's maltreatment--which often included topics about her weight. According to reports, Julia had always made Motes feel inadequate and ugly, whereas the former would always say stinging remarks about Motes' weight issues.
Motes had recently been cut off from her biological mother, which Julia Roberts also shares, because of her incessant drug use. It is said that Motes could not take the shadow of her famous siblings. Prescription drugs and heroin were found near the bath tub where Motes' lifeless body lay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions