Julia Roberts' Half Sister Calls Her a 'B*tch' Before Suicide: Will the Death Hurt Roberts' Chance at the Oscars?
By charmaine corne clutton | February 13, 2014 4:10 PM EST
Nancy Motes, the half sister of multi-awarded actress Julia Roberts, died in an apparent drug overdose in which her family members described as a suicide. The not-so-famous half sister of the "Pretty Woman" actor left an eight-page suicide letter, a lengthy note that described the ordeal she had to endure under the hands of her more famous half sister, Julia Roberts.
REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
Actress Julia Roberts introduces a performance by Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr at the 56th annual Grammy Awards in Los Angeles, California January 26, 2014. REUTERS/ Mario Anzuoni
According to Daily Mail, Nancy Motes wrote the suicide letter to detail the deepest and darkest secrets of the "Pretty Woman" actress to the world. John Dilbeck, Nancy's fiance, found the lifeless body in the bath on Sunday, also the same day Julia Roberts was believed to be at the Oscar nominees lunch where she is vying to be the Best Supporting Actress for the movie, "August: Osage County."
Conner Dilbeck, the brother of Motes' fiancé, revealed in an interview with the Daily Mail that "We are talking about people who are powerful...people who have very delicate power, people who are in the limelight. Their power can be destroyed very easily if unfortunate things make them look more wicked." Many believe this statement referred to Motes attempt to sabotage her half sister in the latter's bid for an Oscar.
Prior to the suicide, Motes posted a series of angry tweets directed to her more famous half sister. In one tweet, the now departed Motes wrote: "Hey Hag! Glad you f****ed with me yet? You're going to LOVE what's coming! FYI-You're an awful, hate filled old pathetic excuse for a human." and another one hate-filled tweet, "Just so you all know "America's Sweetheart" is a B****!!"
Motes had allegedly suffered under Julia's maltreatment--which often included topics about her weight. According to reports, Julia had always made Motes feel inadequate and ugly, whereas the former would always say stinging remarks about Motes' weight issues.
Motes had recently been cut off from her biological mother, which Julia Roberts also shares, because of her incessant drug use. It is said that Motes could not take the shadow of her famous siblings. Prescription drugs and heroin were found near the bath tub where Motes' lifeless body lay.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’