Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. Galaxy Note 3 - Does Australia Prefer Price Over Upgrade?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 13, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is still having brisk sales although Galaxy Note 3 has been launched for a few months now amid the huge promotional campaign undertaken by the company to promote the device.
Galaxy Note 3 is technically a superior phone with some technological innovations in terms of design, specs and features. But its price prevents a larger penetration of the handset to gain more market share.
Samsung has increased the screen size from 5.5-inch in Note 2 to 5.7-inch in Note 3 without increasing the overall size of the device. This was achieved by reducing the bezel size on the new device.
The resolution on the screen also got an upgrade from the 720 x 1280 on Note 2 to 1080 x 1920 on Note 3. This means that the pixel density has increased from 267 ppi to 368 ppi, rendering sharper images on the new device.
The two variants of Galaxy Note 3 come with more powerful processors compared to Note 2. Note 3 N9005 variant comes with a quadcore 2.3 GHz krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. The N9000 variant comes with a quadcore 1.9 GHz cortex A15 and quadcore 1.3 GHz cortex-A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset.
Note 2 comes with a quadcore 1.6 GHz cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset.
In terms of specs, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may have the best RAM in the market. The device has a 3 GB RAM compared to the 2 GB RAM on Galaxy Note 2.
Battery of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also got an upgrade. The device has a Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, allowing a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. Galaxy Note 2 comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which has a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The biggest differentiating factor between the two devices is the price. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$519.95 and the 4G LTE variant is around AU$539.95. Galaxy Note 3 N9005 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$739.95 while the N9000 16 GB octa core variant is priced at around AU$759.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’