Samsung Galaxy Note 2 vs. Galaxy Note 3 - Does Australia Prefer Price Over Upgrade?
By Sachin Trivedi | February 13, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is still having brisk sales although Galaxy Note 3 has been launched for a few months now amid the huge promotional campaign undertaken by the company to promote the device.
Galaxy Note 3 is technically a superior phone with some technological innovations in terms of design, specs and features. But its price prevents a larger penetration of the handset to gain more market share.
Samsung has increased the screen size from 5.5-inch in Note 2 to 5.7-inch in Note 3 without increasing the overall size of the device. This was achieved by reducing the bezel size on the new device.
The resolution on the screen also got an upgrade from the 720 x 1280 on Note 2 to 1080 x 1920 on Note 3. This means that the pixel density has increased from 267 ppi to 368 ppi, rendering sharper images on the new device.
The two variants of Galaxy Note 3 come with more powerful processors compared to Note 2. Note 3 N9005 variant comes with a quadcore 2.3 GHz krait 400 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset. The N9000 variant comes with a quadcore 1.9 GHz cortex A15 and quadcore 1.3 GHz cortex-A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset.
Note 2 comes with a quadcore 1.6 GHz cortex A9 processor and Exynos 4412 Quad chipset.
In terms of specs, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may have the best RAM in the market. The device has a 3 GB RAM compared to the 2 GB RAM on Galaxy Note 2.
Battery of Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also got an upgrade. The device has a Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, allowing a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. Galaxy Note 2 comes with a Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery, which has a talk time of about 16 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The biggest differentiating factor between the two devices is the price. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 16 GB variant is priced at around AU$519.95 and the 4G LTE variant is around AU$539.95. Galaxy Note 3 N9005 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU$739.95 while the N9000 16 GB octa core variant is priced at around AU$759.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
Nexus 5 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares