Gaming News: 'Sons of Anarchy' Game Coming, 'Dark Souls 2' Pre-orders; 'Fable Legends' Plans from Lionhead
By Gel Galang | February 13, 2014 3:32 PM EST
"Fable Legends" may not be every gamers' typical game, at least not the way Lionhead Studios is planning on creating it.
It seems that the upcoming game will follow a "games as a service" model, where the game is actually a platform for more than just a game, and one where players can just keep adding new content to.
"My plan is that Legends is essentially a platform for almost everything Fable going forward. It's a long-range plan, of five to ten years, where we're going to build and keep building onto Fable Legends," said John Needham, studio boss at Lionhead, in an interview quoted by GameSpot.
*New trailers are out for "Dying Light" and "inFamous: Second Son": Check them out here.
One good way to look at it is in building the universe of "Fables" to become as big as "World of Warcraft." Instead of just shipping out a game and moving to the next IP, Lionhead may aim to build a world of "Fables" and keep at it by engaging its gamers.
"Fable Legends" is coming out as a beta in 2014, though the final release date has not yet been set.
'Sons of Anarchy' Game is the Real Deal
Fans of the "Sons of Anarchy" drama series will now also be able to look forward to playing the game, as Kurt Sutter, the creator of the series, has teased in a tweet.
*A new bug for the PS4 has been found, this time involving the Friends List: Read the details here.
no, it's not a board game. :) 1st person, action adventure. HD graphics. it represents the evolution of gaming. i'm hard just typing this.
— kurt sutter (@sutterink) February 11, 2014
According to Polygon, "Sons of Anarchy" video game almost didn't happen because it seemed like there was no support in creating the game after coming to Rockstar Games. In addition, there didn't seem to any support from Fox.
For now, there are no details yet of who will be developing the game or even other details pertaining to what fans can expect. But at least it's definitely happening, and if it's got Mr Sutter this excited after previous disappointments, it may really be something to look forward to.
'Dark Souls 2' Gets Pre-order Bonuses
With a month away from the release date of the game, "Dark Souls 2" developer Namco Bandai has released pre-order bonuses that include early weapon access. Gamers can now choose from five weapons and shields at the get-go instead of waiting until a few hours when gamers start on the game.
*With "Flappy Birds" gone, here are 5 games that can have the same addictive value: Check out the list here.
The weapons will be available if gamers pre-order the Black Armor or Collector's Edition version of the game. The five weapons and shields combos are as follows:
- Black Flamestone Dagger and Parma: Weapons are encrusted with the Black Flamestone, which makes them extremely sharp and resistant to damage
- Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Shield: Found in the Iron Keep, these are pretty light and powerful, but vulnerable to corrosion.
- Homunculus Mace and Wooden Shield: The mace has increased striking power, while the shield has defensive capabilities.
- Transgressor's Staff and Leather Shield: These are catalyst weapons for sorcery and hex, and have an effect called "Darkness."
- Bound Hand Axe and Wooden Shield: These weapons are wrapped in chains and thorns that make enemies bleed.
"DARK SOULS II will offer hardcore fans and all gamers a new challenge to overcome. The word 'challenge' will reach a whole new level with this new opus!," said Hiroaki Ochiai, senior VP of IP Strategy at Namco Bandai Games Europe in a press release obtained by Joystiq.
"With this Black Armour Weapons pack offering an early in-game access to five sets of weapons and shields, adventurers will most certainly welcome a little help to survive the dark world surrounding!"
"Dark Souls 2" will be available come March 14 on the PS3 and Xbox 360. The PC version is expected sometime later.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- RiAus TV: Australia’s First Science Channel Launched
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia