Daniella Pineda: Killed Off 'The Originals' Actress Portraying Witch Sophie Deveraux Moves On with a New TV Role in NBC's Pilot Drama 'Odyssey'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 13, 2014 3:07 PM EST
Actress Daniella Pineda said an early goodbye to her witch character Sophie Deveraux in CW's spin-off series "The Originals" but a regular series role in NBC's drama pilot "Odyssey" welcomed the 26-year-old TV star. TV Line's exclusive report confirmed Ms Pineda's new TV project on Wednesday, February 5, after the actress got killed off in "The Originals" Episode 13 titled "Crescent City" that aired on Tuesday night, February 4.
The report further revealed that Daniella Pineda will be portraying the "Odyssey" character named Molly, a TIME Magazine reporter, who gets involved when three different people found themselves in a military conspiracy. Other cast members set to appear in the pilot series are Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje from "Lost" and "Pushing Daisies" star Anna Friel.
"The Originals" executive producer Julie Plec has declared in the Zap2It report that Sophie's death may be the end of Daniella Pineda's stay in the CW TV series. "In this particular case, the witches having taken their vengeance against a non-believer, I don't think there's much of a hope for her to recover given that more often than not, you need witchy intervention to have a second chance at life. I think that this may be the end of Miss Sophie," Ms Plec explained.
The executive producer revealed that "The Originals" team had no plans of killing of Sophie Deveraux. However, the consequences of Sophie's efforts in the series made them decide that death is a suitable end for the character.
"We didn't know the specifics of it. We knew that there had to be a pretty horrible, hideous consequence. A lot of Sophie's efforts to lead the witch revolution, she kept coming against a wall and failing, and didn't -- when all is said and done -- have the right faith, even in herself as a leader, to carry it off. When we realized that the ultimate consequence of that would be death, that's when we made the decision to go down that road," Julie Plec shared.
The other "The Originals" cast members may be sad to see their co-star go but they immediately congratulated Ms Pineda on her new TV project. For instance, actor Charles Michael Davis who portrays Marcel Gerard in the series posted a congratulatory message for Daniella on his Twitter account @CharlesMD and it reads: "@Maniella that was fast, congrats!"
@Maniella that was fast, congrats!
— Charles M Davis (@CharlesMD) February 5, 2014
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Klaus and Rebekah in Danger, Can Elijah Save His Siblings? Watch Promo Video For Upcoming Episode 14 'Long Way Back From Hell' - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Actress Shannon Kane Hints Celeste's Plan Targets Elijah and Hayley, More Sneak Peek Videos Released for Episode 13 'Crescent City' [WATCH] - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: The War Between Witches and Vampires Escalates, Synopsis and Promo Video For Episode 13 'Crescent City' Released [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports