Daniella Pineda: Killed Off 'The Originals' Actress Portraying Witch Sophie Deveraux Moves On with a New TV Role in NBC's Pilot Drama 'Odyssey'
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 13, 2014 3:07 PM EST
Actress Daniella Pineda said an early goodbye to her witch character Sophie Deveraux in CW's spin-off series "The Originals" but a regular series role in NBC's drama pilot "Odyssey" welcomed the 26-year-old TV star. TV Line's exclusive report confirmed Ms Pineda's new TV project on Wednesday, February 5, after the actress got killed off in "The Originals" Episode 13 titled "Crescent City" that aired on Tuesday night, February 4.
The report further revealed that Daniella Pineda will be portraying the "Odyssey" character named Molly, a TIME Magazine reporter, who gets involved when three different people found themselves in a military conspiracy. Other cast members set to appear in the pilot series are Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje from "Lost" and "Pushing Daisies" star Anna Friel.
"The Originals" executive producer Julie Plec has declared in the Zap2It report that Sophie's death may be the end of Daniella Pineda's stay in the CW TV series. "In this particular case, the witches having taken their vengeance against a non-believer, I don't think there's much of a hope for her to recover given that more often than not, you need witchy intervention to have a second chance at life. I think that this may be the end of Miss Sophie," Ms Plec explained.
The executive producer revealed that "The Originals" team had no plans of killing of Sophie Deveraux. However, the consequences of Sophie's efforts in the series made them decide that death is a suitable end for the character.
"We didn't know the specifics of it. We knew that there had to be a pretty horrible, hideous consequence. A lot of Sophie's efforts to lead the witch revolution, she kept coming against a wall and failing, and didn't -- when all is said and done -- have the right faith, even in herself as a leader, to carry it off. When we realized that the ultimate consequence of that would be death, that's when we made the decision to go down that road," Julie Plec shared.
The other "The Originals" cast members may be sad to see their co-star go but they immediately congratulated Ms Pineda on her new TV project. For instance, actor Charles Michael Davis who portrays Marcel Gerard in the series posted a congratulatory message for Daniella on his Twitter account @CharlesMD and it reads: "@Maniella that was fast, congrats!"
@Maniella that was fast, congrats!
— Charles M Davis (@CharlesMD) February 5, 2014
More Articles to Read:
'The Originals' Spoilers: Klaus and Rebekah in Danger, Can Elijah Save His Siblings? Watch Promo Video For Upcoming Episode 14 'Long Way Back From Hell' - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Actress Shannon Kane Hints Celeste's Plan Targets Elijah and Hayley, More Sneak Peek Videos Released for Episode 13 'Crescent City' [WATCH] - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: The War Between Witches and Vampires Escalates, Synopsis and Promo Video For Episode 13 'Crescent City' Released [WATCH] - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles