HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date Delayed; Leaked Photos Suggest Slimmer Bezels, Dual LED Flash
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2014 2:23 PM EST
The HTC One 2 release date is reported to be slightly delayed and all rumours so far point to a March 2014 launch.
HTC One 2, also known as HTC M8, will be released next month ditching the Mobile World Congress later this month. Reliable tipster @evleaks first tweeted that HTC One 2 will arrive next month. It was initially speculated that the smartphone will be announced this month.
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
According to iDigitalTimes, one of the probable reasons why the HTC One 2 release date is pushed further is because of the Samsung Galaxy S5 launch on Feb. 24. Samsung's launch event is scheduled on the same day of Mobile World Congress. The company may want to steal the limelight from other smartphones to be unveiled in the event. So in order not to compete with the Samsung smartphone, HTC slightly delayed the release of its own handset.
Another probable reason of the HTC One 2 release date delay is because the device needs some changes and alterations before it will be launched. And there are other rumours that say HTC may shift its focus on mid-range and entry level devices rather than the main HTC One 2. This is for the reason that mid-range devices will bring greater profits to the company. Some reports stated that HTC will offer more products in the $150 to $300 price range, while the HTC One 2 "M8" and other flagship devices are priced $600 and above.
Meanwhile, a new leaked photo of the alleged HTC M8 popped out online courtesy of the web site HK-Android.info that sparked rumours the HTC One 2 will sport a dual LED flash at the back. It is speculated that the handset will pack an improved Ultrapixel camera.
On the same report, iDigitalTimes added that the HTC One 2 will herald a larger a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB of RAM, a dual Ultrapixel rear facing camera and a 2.1-megapixel front facing camera with Sense 6.0 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. However, other rumours claimed that the front facing camera may be 5 megapixels similar to some flagship phones distributed in China.
Take note, however, that these mentioned specs are still unofficial as far as the HTC One 2 is concerned.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid