HTC One 2 (M8) Release Date Delayed; Leaked Photos Suggest Slimmer Bezels, Dual LED Flash
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2014 2:23 PM EST
The HTC One 2 release date is reported to be slightly delayed and all rumours so far point to a March 2014 launch.
HTC One 2, also known as HTC M8, will be released next month ditching the Mobile World Congress later this month. Reliable tipster @evleaks first tweeted that HTC One 2 will arrive next month. It was initially speculated that the smartphone will be announced this month.
An attendee tests the new HTC One during a launch event in New York, February 19, 2013.
According to iDigitalTimes, one of the probable reasons why the HTC One 2 release date is pushed further is because of the Samsung Galaxy S5 launch on Feb. 24. Samsung's launch event is scheduled on the same day of Mobile World Congress. The company may want to steal the limelight from other smartphones to be unveiled in the event. So in order not to compete with the Samsung smartphone, HTC slightly delayed the release of its own handset.
Another probable reason of the HTC One 2 release date delay is because the device needs some changes and alterations before it will be launched. And there are other rumours that say HTC may shift its focus on mid-range and entry level devices rather than the main HTC One 2. This is for the reason that mid-range devices will bring greater profits to the company. Some reports stated that HTC will offer more products in the $150 to $300 price range, while the HTC One 2 "M8" and other flagship devices are priced $600 and above.
Meanwhile, a new leaked photo of the alleged HTC M8 popped out online courtesy of the web site HK-Android.info that sparked rumours the HTC One 2 will sport a dual LED flash at the back. It is speculated that the handset will pack an improved Ultrapixel camera.
On the same report, iDigitalTimes added that the HTC One 2 will herald a larger a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display, Snapdragon 800 chipset, 2GB of RAM, a dual Ultrapixel rear facing camera and a 2.1-megapixel front facing camera with Sense 6.0 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. However, other rumours claimed that the front facing camera may be 5 megapixels similar to some flagship phones distributed in China.
Take note, however, that these mentioned specs are still unofficial as far as the HTC One 2 is concerned.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary