Sony Xperia SP Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Rolling Out to Various Regions; 16 Changes Update UI, System and Battery
By Ryan Inoyori | February 13, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update for Sony Xperia SP is now officially rolling out worldwide via Sony PC Companion, Sony Bridge for Mac and SUS. It features all-new changes such as Project Butter, Daydream, Lock screen Widgets, Sony Media apps update and Smart Social camera apps.
Official Android 4.3 Now Rolling
Sony has updated the Xperia SP official software support page with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as the latest available firmware that can now be downloaded using a computer.
Sony Mobile is now seeding the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Xperia SP to various owners around the world after its initial release in Australia. The new firmware has a build version 12.1.A.0.266 running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Xperia SP C5303 LTE variant in Malaysia, Australia under Vodafone, United Kingdom, Greece, Central Europe, Netherlands, Bulgaria and the Philippines.
Owners of the mid-range smartphone may download the Android 4.3 update via Sony PC Companion for Windows PC but not on Windows 8 64-bit machines, Sony Bridge for Mac and Sony Update Service software. No Over-the-Air is available for this firmware yet and will continue to seed for owners in other regions as well.
Android 4.3 Change Logs
Sony Mobile also released the change logs regarding the latest firmware version 12.1.A.0.266 for Xperia SP and added several features on top of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
1. Project Butter - Android 4.3 default
2. Daydream - Android 4.3 default
3. Lock screen widgets - Android 4.3 default
4. Updated Sony media apps - ALBUM and Movies, WALKMAN
5. Updated camera app with new Smart Social camera modes - Superior, Manual, Picture Effect, Sweep Panorama
6. More downloadable camera apps
7. All new themes and wallpaper with more downloads via Xperia Themes
8. Improved Task Manager and Small Apps
9. New interface for the Contacts and Messaging apps
10. Revamped App menu UI with swiping from left shortcuts of Play Store and Sony Select
11. New user interface based on the same Android 4.3 Jelly Bean from other Xperia devices
12. Updated Xperia Home launcher
13. Enhanced STAMINA mode power manager
14. Lock screen shortcuts updated
15. Some icons have been changed
16. One-handed keyboard
Unfortunately, Sony Mobile is now reconsidering Android 4.4 KitKat update for Xperia SP just like in the case of Xperia T and V. Based on support page, Sony tagged the device with "under investigation" to get future updates with Android 4.4 firmware version.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- Xbox One Sales Gear Up in China And UK As October System Update Improves Hardware
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes