New Samsung Galaxy S5 Concept Image Looks Like Google Nexus 6?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2014 2:14 PM EST
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 concept image resembles a Nexus smartphone.
Designer Jinesh Shah imagined the new design of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S5, which will arrive in less than two weeks. Surprisingly, the latest render has a Nexus vibe in it and may pack the design of the unannounced Google Nexus 6. This is an atypical design for Samsung smartphones.
Based on the photos published on Concept-Phones, the handset will have virtual or capacitive buttons. The smartphone also has rounded corners and slimmer bezels. Moreover, the TouchWiz UI looked very clean and flat - packed with newly-designed icons.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 real design will be unveiled on its release date scheduled on Feb. 24. The launching event is entitled UNPACKED 5. Invitations were already sent out to the members of the press, which is the same day that Mobile World Congress starts. It is likely that the device will be available for purchase in March or April.
Latest reports said that Samsung Galaxy S5 will arrive in two variants based on leaked benchmarks. Note that two completely different Galaxy S5 variants were spotted in AnTuTu benchmarks.
According to the leak, The premium variant with the code SM-G900R4 packs off a Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8974AC 2.5GHz quadcore processor in the benchmarks, coupled with 3GB RAM, Adreno 330 GPU, 32GB onboard storage, a 2,560×1,400 QHD display, 16 megapixel rear camera, 2.1 megapixel front camera as well as Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The other variant with the code SM-G900H sports a Samsung Exynos 5422 octacore 1.5GHz processor with 2GB RAM, ARM Mali-T628 GPU, 16GB internal storage, 1,920×1,080 pixel resolution display, 16 megapixel rear and 2.1 megapixel front camera, and Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS.
Also, new rumours claimed that Samsung is developing a different kind of fingerprint sensor that will be embedded on the device's entire screen. Thus, users can access the feature by simply tapping on any part of the screen display.
However, the aforementioned specs and features are unofficial until the announcement of the device later this month. At the moment, these spec sheets must be taken as a grain of salt.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510