iPhone 6 Release Date: September Launch Likely, Say Industry Insiders
By Raymond Ronamai | February 13, 2014 5:43 AM EST
Amid speculations on the release date of iPhone 6 with several reports suggesting that it see the light of the day during Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June, a new report has emerged that the launch of the next-generation smartphone would happen in September.
Lewi Hussey via ConceptsiPhone
iPhone 6 Concept Image by Lewi Hussey
Technology websites like Tech Radar and ET News also had reported earlier that the new smartphone is expected to be launched in September, while Chinese Analyst Sun Changxu, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek and South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities said that Apple would release its much-awaited device at the WWDC event in June.
The Chinese newspaper said that App developers need to get ready to redesign, as the upcoming iPhone variants will be bigger, sporting a display at 441 pixels per inch (ppi), as seen in Samsung Galaxy S4.
"They have to tackle the phablet [devices that serve as both phone and tablet] market. People want bigger screens now," an insider told the paper.
As speculated earlier, the report also said that iPhone 6 will be build entirely from scratch-resistant sapphire crystal glass.
Apple Inc. has not revealed the specifications of its next-generation smartphone but several reports suggested that it would have a bigger screen display though it may not beat Samsung Galaxy S5. According to a note to investors by South Korea's brokerage KDB Daewoo Securities (translated by Oled Display), iPhone 6 will sport a 4.7/4.8 or 5.5″ display with a 1920x1080p (440ppi), or a 2272×1280 (510ppi).
The new iPhone is expected to be powered by A8 chip (64-bit) and run on iOS 7.2. It will have 1,800mAh battery and feature 802.11ac Wi-Fi Connectivity.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast