IPL 7 Auction Where to Watch Live: Day 2 Live Streaming Information as Uncapped Players Go Under the Hammer
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 3:50 AM EST
After the big names come the uncapped players, the ones that will be the final few pieces, quite important ones, of the puzzle as IPL franchises look to build a team capable of contending for the title in 2014.
Where to Watch Live
The IPL 7 Auction is set for a 10 pm IST start on Thursday morning, with live coverage on Sony Six HD and Sony Six in India. The action can also be followed online via live streaming HERE. Live stream the auction in the UK HERE, while Africa viewers can go HERE to watch the players go under the hammer. Neo Cricket will provide coverage in the US, but there is no official live streaming option available.
For the report, list and summary of the first set of players that were brought back, click HERE.
The likes of Yuvraj Singh, Kevin Pietersen and Dinesh Karthik grabbed the headlines on Wednesday on day one of the IPL 7 auction in Bangalore, but come Thursday, all the attention will turn to the 300-odd uncapped Indian players, all vying for an opportunity, not only to get rich, but make a name for themselves.
Almost all of the IPL sides have called quite a few of these uncapped players that will be up for auction for trials, as the eight franchises look to grab the cream of the talent.
"Having uncapped players in the auction pool makes it very clean and transparent and gives every franchise an equal opportunity," KKR chief executive Venky Mysore told ESPNCricinfo.
"You had a situation where different type of influences came into the picture and that would determine who the player would sign with eventually. Our intention was to call some of the boys whom we did not know much about."
The second session of the opening day's auction was rather subdued, with all the teams, having spent lavishly in the morning, choosing to keep their money in their pockets in order to ensure they get the players they want on Thursday.
Much will depend on who comes in first, with several of the big name players like Ross Taylor and Cameron White unable to find a buyer for that particular reason.
The likes of KL Rahul, who had an outstanding Ranji season for Karnataka, Manish Pandey, Unmukt Chand, Vijay Zol, Parvez Rasool and Pravin Tambe could add some serious money into their bank accounts.
Thursday will see the final pieces of the team fall into place, and buying the right uncapped players will be essential - because at the end of the day, these players could be the difference between an IPL title or not even making the playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display