IPL 7 Auction Where to Watch Live: Day 2 Live Streaming Information as Uncapped Players Go Under the Hammer
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 3:50 AM EST
After the big names come the uncapped players, the ones that will be the final few pieces, quite important ones, of the puzzle as IPL franchises look to build a team capable of contending for the title in 2014.
Where to Watch Live
The IPL 7 Auction is set for a 10 pm IST start on Thursday morning, with live coverage on Sony Six HD and Sony Six in India. The action can also be followed online via live streaming HERE. Live stream the auction in the UK HERE, while Africa viewers can go HERE to watch the players go under the hammer. Neo Cricket will provide coverage in the US, but there is no official live streaming option available.
For the report, list and summary of the first set of players that were brought back, click HERE.
The likes of Yuvraj Singh, Kevin Pietersen and Dinesh Karthik grabbed the headlines on Wednesday on day one of the IPL 7 auction in Bangalore, but come Thursday, all the attention will turn to the 300-odd uncapped Indian players, all vying for an opportunity, not only to get rich, but make a name for themselves.
Almost all of the IPL sides have called quite a few of these uncapped players that will be up for auction for trials, as the eight franchises look to grab the cream of the talent.
"Having uncapped players in the auction pool makes it very clean and transparent and gives every franchise an equal opportunity," KKR chief executive Venky Mysore told ESPNCricinfo.
"You had a situation where different type of influences came into the picture and that would determine who the player would sign with eventually. Our intention was to call some of the boys whom we did not know much about."
The second session of the opening day's auction was rather subdued, with all the teams, having spent lavishly in the morning, choosing to keep their money in their pockets in order to ensure they get the players they want on Thursday.
Much will depend on who comes in first, with several of the big name players like Ross Taylor and Cameron White unable to find a buyer for that particular reason.
The likes of KL Rahul, who had an outstanding Ranji season for Karnataka, Manish Pandey, Unmukt Chand, Vijay Zol, Parvez Rasool and Pravin Tambe could add some serious money into their bank accounts.
Thursday will see the final pieces of the team fall into place, and buying the right uncapped players will be essential - because at the end of the day, these players could be the difference between an IPL title or not even making the playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage