IPL 7 Auction Where to Watch Live: Day 2 Live Streaming Information as Uncapped Players Go Under the Hammer
By Deepak Vikraman | February 13, 2014 3:50 AM EST
After the big names come the uncapped players, the ones that will be the final few pieces, quite important ones, of the puzzle as IPL franchises look to build a team capable of contending for the title in 2014.
Where to Watch Live
The IPL 7 Auction is set for a 10 pm IST start on Thursday morning, with live coverage on Sony Six HD and Sony Six in India. The action can also be followed online via live streaming HERE. Live stream the auction in the UK HERE, while Africa viewers can go HERE to watch the players go under the hammer. Neo Cricket will provide coverage in the US, but there is no official live streaming option available.
For the report, list and summary of the first set of players that were brought back, click HERE.
The likes of Yuvraj Singh, Kevin Pietersen and Dinesh Karthik grabbed the headlines on Wednesday on day one of the IPL 7 auction in Bangalore, but come Thursday, all the attention will turn to the 300-odd uncapped Indian players, all vying for an opportunity, not only to get rich, but make a name for themselves.
Almost all of the IPL sides have called quite a few of these uncapped players that will be up for auction for trials, as the eight franchises look to grab the cream of the talent.
"Having uncapped players in the auction pool makes it very clean and transparent and gives every franchise an equal opportunity," KKR chief executive Venky Mysore told ESPNCricinfo.
"You had a situation where different type of influences came into the picture and that would determine who the player would sign with eventually. Our intention was to call some of the boys whom we did not know much about."
The second session of the opening day's auction was rather subdued, with all the teams, having spent lavishly in the morning, choosing to keep their money in their pockets in order to ensure they get the players they want on Thursday.
Much will depend on who comes in first, with several of the big name players like Ross Taylor and Cameron White unable to find a buyer for that particular reason.
The likes of KL Rahul, who had an outstanding Ranji season for Karnataka, Manish Pandey, Unmukt Chand, Vijay Zol, Parvez Rasool and Pravin Tambe could add some serious money into their bank accounts.
Thursday will see the final pieces of the team fall into place, and buying the right uncapped players will be essential - because at the end of the day, these players could be the difference between an IPL title or not even making the playoffs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate