NBA Trade News: Kyle Lowry to New York Knicks Back in Discussions
By James Patrick Quizon | February 12, 2014 11:34 PM EST
Here we go again: the New York Knicks are interested in Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry.
According to Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, the Knicks are once again considering a trade for their Atlantic rivals starting point guard. New York already attempted to start talks with the Canadian franchise in December but eventually backed out of any deal.
NBA: Toronto Raptors at Philadelphia 76ers
The Knicks are in fact interested in Toronto's Kyle Lowry. Classic Knicks. Could have had him two months ago, backed out now want him again.
— Frank Isola (@FisolaNYDN) February 11, 2014
Retracting from their earlier decision not to make a deal for Lowry may be a good deal for the Knicks, which needs to include multiple players for the salaries to work.
The 27-year-old court general has been playing well of late being nominated for the NBA’s East Player of the Month for January with averages of 18.3 points, 8.3 assists and 1.4 steals in this stretch.
Some trade ideas via the ESPN Trade Machine (All deals below will work as per the NBA trade rules):
R. Felton, I. Shumpert, M. World Peace, T. Hardaway Jr. for K. Lowry
Probably a little too much for a guy whose contract is going to expire after the season but if the Knicks really want Lowry they will have to entice Toronto with young players/prospects (Shump and Timmy Jr. here).
A. Stoudemire, I. Shumpert, T. Hardaway Jr. for K. Lowry, A. Johnson, J. Hayes, J. Salmons
Stoudemire’s deal expires in 2 years (same with the combination of Hayes, Johnson and Salmons) so financially it’s the same situation for the Raptors. They still get the young guys.
For the Knicks, they not only get Lowry but Johnson as well who’s going to shore up their frontcourt defensively.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- Chelsea FC: Spanish NT Doctor Belies Mourinho's Claim That Diego Costa Aggravated Hamstring Injury
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists