Flappy Bird App 'Fall Out Bird' Coming Soon; Will the Fall Out Boy Game Please Addicts of the Original?
By Raymond Ronamai | February 12, 2014 10:34 PM EST
Fall Out Boy is apparently coming out with a Flappy Bird app called "Fall Out Bird" just a couple of days after the extremely popular game was pulled off by its creator.
The American rock band, whose album Save Rock And Roll debuted at No.2 last year, claimed on its twitter account that their parody app will be made available for iOS and Android users this week itself.
Fall Out Bird
"rome wasn't built in a day, but this game was. in the spirit of Fall Out Boy Trail, we bring you #FallOutBird," wrote Fall Out Boy on Tuesday.
"#FallOutBird coming this week to @GooglePlay & The App Store (as soon as it's approved). shoutout to OG Flappy Bird, RIP," it added.
Dong Nguyen decided to pull down Flappy Bird once and for all less than a year after it was created, as he thought it was "too addictive."
"It happened to become an addictive product," he told Forbes in an exclusive interview. "I think it has become a problem. To solve that problem, it's best to take down Flappy Bird. It's gone forever."
Nguyen, who still has other popular top app store games like Super Ball Juggling and Shuriken Block, told Forbes that it was guilt that made him to pull down Flappy Bird, saying "my life has not been as comfortable as I was before", and that he couldn't sleep.
"I don't think it's a mistake," he said. "I have thought it through."
Several clones like Flappy Plane, Flappy Whale, Flappy Penguin and Flappy Angry Bird have hit the App store, and Fall Out Bird is likely to join the list soon but it is doubtful if Flappy Bird fans and addicts will be happy with these copycats.
rome wasn't built in a day, but this game was. in the spirit of Fall Out Boy Trail, we bring you #FallOutBird pic.twitter.com/QBAindPRTM — Fall Out Boy (@falloutboy) February 11, 2014
— Fall Out Boy (@falloutboy) February 11, 2014
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists